fifty-six

(I feel the need to start this chapter off with a long-overdue apology. I am sincerely sorry that I haven't made time for an update in the past 3-4 months. As a writer with a growing platform, I shouldn't be taking this story, as well as every reader's patience for an update, so lightly. I do have my reasons for not being able to put out chapters for the past few months but giving excuses just doesn't seem like the way to go about a sincere apology. I think the way to resolve this issue is to get help from a fellow reader who admires this book and has a talent for writing to help me write the rest of this book. More information will be available in my conversations section on my profile. Please enjoy the chapter.)

After Lena and Taehyung picked up their food, they were listening to common songs that played on the radio and talking like they used to.

"I finished my food. Here put it in the bag." Lena told Taehyung, handing him her empty food container.

He obeyed and stuffed it into the Raising Cane's paper bag.

Taehyung grew confused when Lena randomly pulled over to the side of the road and put her car in park.

She looked to Taehyung knowing that he didn't get what was happening. "I have your present. It's in the trunk come on."

Taehyung unbuckled his seat belt smiling at this turn of events and got out of the car, following his mom to the back of the car.

Lena opened the trunk and grabbed the brown cardboard box that sat there. She picked up and handed it to Taehyung waiting for him to open it.

The box wasn't big, instead it was a bit smaller than a medium sized box but Taehyung didn't care he was just excited to get a present. Plus most of the best presents are smaller.

He began tearing away the tape that sealed the box shut and folded the flaps outward.

At first he couldn't tell what it was so he picked it up and took it out of the box, the he realized what it was.

Taehyung gasped making an 'o' with his mouth. "It's a camera! It looks so nice."

"The woman that owns the shop that I got it from taught me the instructions on how to use it. And its an instant print camera, just take a picture and it'll print it out within seconds." Lena explained taking the camera into her own hands.

She scanned over it and found the button she was looking for. "Lets take one right now."

She turned the camera lens to her and Taehyung and told him to smile, using the focus mode and taking the picture.

When the clicking noise went off, indicating that their picture was taken, Lena waited for the picture to come out and when it did she grabbed it carefully.

"Ooh, it came out so good!" Lena said putting down the camera carefully.

Taehyung nodded smiling and grabbed the picture from her seeing how colorful and nicely the picture came out.

He looked to his mom with the biggest smile and laughing a bit. "I really love it!"

"Great, I'm glad. It was either you get the camera or you go to collage so I guess you're going to have to work hard and get a scholarship." Lena said handing Taehyung the camera.

Taehyung laughed and started touching all of the buttons and settings that the camera had, amazed.

She cleared her throat and commented under her breath. "Yeah that... wasn't a joke."

An aggressive flinch flew through Taehyung's body after he felt his phone continuously ringing in the back pocket of his jeans.

He grabbed his phone and saw Jungkook was the caller ID. Taehyung answered the phone casually and put the phone up to his ear. "Hello?"