Chapter 7: All by myself

A heart monitor. It was all that was making noise in the room, whilst outside beyond the door, police were rambling on about a car accident that happened very recently. Inside of the room, laying on the hospital bed was a crippled twelve-year-old young boy, with mid to short brown hair and green eyes. He had cuts all over his arms, his face, and back, the wounds deep enough to leave scars behind. The boy laid there for hours, coming in and out of conciseness very few times. but then the doors opened as a doctor came in with a clipboard, with a police officer following.

"So, is he going to be okay?" The police officer asked, with a tone of worriedness.

"Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?" The doctor sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"Anything but the bad news. is he going to?" The doctor then set down the clipboard and showed the officer the x-ray.

"Well, the good news is, he hasn't badly damaged his bones to the point of no return. but he will need a month or two more for them to heal, but other than that, I think he'll be just fine." He explained, with an exhausted tone. "And the bad news?" The officer nervously asked.

"Unfortunately, he has sustained psychological damage to his brain. He will most likely have daily stress migraines for the first few weeks, and... will have PTSD." he sadly confessed. "for how long?!" The officer asked shockingly, feeling himself go weak at the knees. "I don't know, but it will linger within him for years to come. I'm sorry but there is nothing else we can do for him." The officer then looked softly down toward the kid, feeling so bad for this poor scarred kid.

But then the child started moaning softly, as he struggled to open his heavy eyelids. The officer then panicked as he didn't know what to do, as he had to tell him that his whole family was dead.

"Wha-- what... where, mom, dad, what happened...?" he said weakly, as, after a second or two, his eyes were wide open, as he shot up instantly, starting to hyperventilate uncontrollably. "WAIT- W-WHERE- WHERE AM I?!?! WHERE'S MY MOM AND DAD?!?!" He cried, as he twisted and turned his head viciously.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey take it easy, you've just come from a serious accident." The officer calmed him, as he placed his hand on his shakey shoulders. "... what happened? Where's my mom and dad?" He asked, his lips quivering in fear and confusion. the officer then softened his eyes, as he took his hat off, revealing his Asian hair.

"Kid... your parents and siblings are dead." he coldly told him, his eyes looking at the floor in pure sadness. The child then simply sat back against the bed, looking down, his hands trembling. He then started to sob uncontrollably, burying his face in his hands.

"No- no, that can't be true, I-I..." the officer then pulled the kid into a hug and rubbed his shaky back. "I know, I know, I'm so sorry." He apologised. They both then broke apart as the child was left in despair, he had nothing left, there was no reason for him to be alive. 'It's gone, everything, my family, my home, and all of my hopes and dreams. I never got to say, I love you, and now ill never get to... never.' The child thought in his head, as he looked up at the officer, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"W-who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Levi, Levi Ackerman. I'm a local police officer for the town. look I know things might seem bad and gloomy, but I'll take care of you until we can find you a home." Levi suggested. The child then shyly nodded as he held onto Levi's hand, gripping it tightly, like a baby holding onto his daddy's big finger. "Have you got a name?" Levi asked. The child didn't say anything, as he didn't seem too confident in saying his name.