Chapter 20: Cherished memories

Night arose, with the whole group asleep, as the girls slept with their boys and Ed and Cody slept in their own room. Meanwhile, in a segment of the paths, Atreus and the others were all talking amongst themselves, with Aura feeling awkward since, after all she's done, she never thought she would be at Atreus side again.

"Aura... why did you help us?" Atreus asked signing his hands whilst glaring at her, as Aura looked down a little twiddling her hair, reluctantly putting her eyes back on him. "I know you'll never forgive me for taking your brother's side, I can't forgive myself, I know he killed what was precious to you, and I'm so sorry." "Sorry won't bring her back... but, I'm willing to try and forgive you, for getting your head straight." Atreus said with a tired tone, making Aura look back at him, as she internally smiled.

Atreus then thought back to all the times he spent with his comrades back in the olden days of then being Hera's generals. He always spent his time mostly with Krios and his brother but tried to indulge with the other Titans too. But... there was only one memory he remembered that he spent with his love, and it was at that time, he made her his partner.

____________________________________

(Flashback millions of years ago. Two years before Diana's death)

Diana's POV

I was at Atreus's home while he was out doing his duty with all the other Titan generals. His house was so messy and not well cleaned, so I decided to change that. I cleaned it from top to bottom, making sure everything was in its proper place.

Ever since I met Atreus I've been staying at his place since he was all lonely and had no one nearby. Of course, I had my own home which I unwilling stayed at, but I couldn't stomach the idea of leaving Atreus on his own. He's been nothing but kind to me, I heard from all the other Titans that he's an angry reckless male. But to me, he's a kind-hearted Titan who cares, maybe he doesn't think of that himself sometimes, but he should because that's what he is.

After I finished cleaning his house, I sat outside in the front yard, admiring such a wonderful place he had. I then noticed a figure in the distance as I panicked and chose to hide. I couldn't let anyone know that I was staying with him, since it was against the strict rules of being with one of the generals. But then I noticed that... it was Atreus which excited me but then I saw his condition, he was he had cuts and bruises all over his body.

He could barely walk as he saw me hiding and then fell on his front, as my heart ached running over to him. "Atreus! Are you alright?! What happened?!" I asked him, putting him on his back, pulling his head onto my knees. His eyes were half-closed, his pupils bloodshot, he must've been awake for at least a couple of days when he left the valley with his fellow generals.

"I... I got into a scrap with my brother. I won obviously, but I came out more hurt than he did." He weakly said trying to get up but ended up falling in pain. "Atreus please! Don't move, just try and stay still. Why hasn't your body healed itself yet?" I inquired confusingly seeing his wounds not repairing as they normally would.

"Depending on how severe the injury is, the longer it takes to heal." I tried desperately to hold back tears, as I wanted to try and help but I didn't want to move him in case I hurt him further. It wasn't like I could ask for help, seeing as we were far away from anyone else to hear us, and I couldn't due to the promise we both made.

"I ne-need to get in-inside, argh!" "Easy, easy, take your time. Here let me get you comfortable." I said picking him up with my arms shaking with the amount of pressure on them. I managed to get him to the porch as I rested him on the side sitting next to him.