Chapter 30: A new world: alternative ending

(Let me know your thoughts about this ending. Comment below which do you prefer? The original ending? Or the alternative ending? I'd love to hear you're guy's opinions. Just a warning, you guys might need some tissues. Also, there will be a 🔞 scene so if you guys are not into that stuff feel free to skip it. Anyway I hope you enjoy it!)

_________________________________

"I still can't think how they used to fight. Why they always disagree on the most important matters? But I had it all wrong... it wasn't themselves who they were looking out for, it was us. My name is Isabel... is this how my husband died."

____________________________________

Eren soon reawakens back in the paths again, out of breath and panting hard, but is instead greeted by a new being, not Titan, nor human. Its form was taken in the shape of the blue butterfly but its physical appearance could not be comprehended by mortals.

"Who..? Yimr?"

"No, I'm not Yimr. I am nothing and everything... I am the creator of your world. I am the one who created Hera and her Titans and gave them their power. I am displeased with how time has unfolded, all the losses, sacrifices, and death. But all of this results in you, being the one to stop all of this conflict."

"M-me? So, you're the blue butterfly I've been seeing since that day, at the orphanage?"

"I've been watching you and your friends all along. I've been here since the beginning of time itself."

"What? You're our creator? Like, in other words, God?"

"Hahaha! I'm much more complex than that. I'm merely a watcher now, no physical body, nothing. Hera was my first creation, but in creating her, I did not tell what would occur next. After her people's demise, I intended on making a new race of beings, that being you. The first humans to set foot on earth moulded the environment to their needs and became the first civilisation I could be proud of. Until the Titans came back."

The Creator turned around flapping the patterned wings he adopted and projecting a screen in front of Eren, his friends around him as he looked with worry. The Watcher caught wind of this and calmed his chilled nerves. "It's alright... they're fine. But you, on the other hand, you have a choice I'd like you to make." Eren gawked at the insect, summoning two choices in front of him. They both showed the outcome of what would happen if they were chosen. A blue path, or a red path.

"What are they?"

"Since your power is limited by the surge running through you, it's slowly killing you. You must distribute it to one of two choices. Option one, bring back those who've fallen or have suffered great pain during this conflict, but of course, it's at a cost... you die. Or option two, use it to regenerate your scarred wounds, however, everyone will still be dead. I will though, allow only one person for you to revive. Your wounds are not fatal, but you won't look the same as before. The decision is yours."

Eren had to think long and hard about this. He saw what he looked like, he looked like half a monster. But he also thought about Chaz's family, Ed, and Annie's parents. They had lost more than he could imagine, but his image was just so horrible, having to wake up every day to the sight of that. He was under unexplainable pressure from all his conflicting feeling, he simply couldn't choose. Then with a stutter followed by a sob, answered with his final decision.

"The r-r-red... red path."

"Are you sure Eren? There's no going back from your choice."