Chapter 15: The recovery of the Attack Titan

Chaz's POV

"Chaz? Chaz! Chaz!! CHAZ!!!"

"NO!!!"

My eyelids shot open very quickly as I sat up only to be met with a terrible stinging sensation. I then peered around me to see everyone gawking at me, they were having their breakfast. That nightmare... I always get it, everything fucking night. I then got up as I walked out admiring the landscape of the forest and seeing the birds fly, spreading their wings far and wide.

I was then joined by Mikasa, as she sat on the rock beside me. "Did you have a nightmare?" She asked me as I reluctantly hummed, looking away from her as I slouched the other way. I wasn't comfortable telling anyone what my nightmare was about as I just didn't like exposing my personal life to others. I know I told them about my family's death, but that was something they all needed to know.

"Do you mind telling me what it was abo—" "no!" I cut her off, as I just didn't want to let anything get in the way of the mission... especially my stupid feelings. "O-okay, I just wanted to if you were okay." She sadly said as she then got up about to walk away as I then grabbed her wrist. "Stay... I'll tell you." She looked at me wide-eyed and then sat back down, as she reminded me of what I tried to do with... her.

"Basically... I met this girl after a policeman took me into his family. Her name was Isabel, and she was so kind to me, and always shown me a good time. But then eventually, everything started to fall apart, her father, Levi, took me away from them and sent me to that same orphanage Ed and Cody went to. All I left her was a note... and at the end, I told her that I loved her... and I don't even though if she feels the same way about me?" I explained as I felt tears creeping out my eyes.

"You're crying." She told me as I moved my head away from her as I didn't need confirmation that I was crying. "You should get yourself ready." I said quietly, as I heard her get up and walk away. 'Why didn't you tell her about the nightmare?' Krios asked me, as I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, wanting to just erase that dream.

"She didn't need to know Krios... no one would understand what I've been through." 'Now you know that's not true. They do care about you Chaz, as much as you want to tell yourself that they don't and they hate you, they do care.' Krios told me, as I heard laughter coming from inside from all of them, as I smiled a little hearing something nice for a change, instead of the animosity I've felt for all my life.

"Thank you, Krios." I said as I got up and joined back with the others, seeing them all kitted up and ready. "Alright... let's go get Atreus back." I said as me, Cody, Ed bit our hands and jumped down into the forest letting our Titans out.

Third-person POV

Krios then emerged from the steam, as he looked to his right seeing Balder. He had long line green hair, as his teeth were like metal his face was hardened so that no projectile of man-made weapons could penetrate. He then turned to his left as he saw Apollo. Unlike Balder, who had claws on the end of his fingers, Apollo just had short black silverish hair with his eyes displaying a vibrant brown tanned colour.

The trio then made their way down the mountain and landed on each different Titan. Eren landed on balder, Armin landed on Apollo, and Mikasa landed on Krios. "Alright remember everyone, our one goal is to retrieve Atreus from his holding cell. From the information that we've learned from mine and Chaz's earlier scouting missions, he's located at the bottom of the facility, underground."

"But what do we do about Aura and Icarus? You know that they're going to be waiting for us." Balder asked as Armin softened his eyes, thinking about Annie. "Then we deal with them. There's not much we can do for them... remember, your interests only were alined to stop me, Atreus, and Eren Yeager."