Chapter 13: The one adventure I could never have

(Seventy-eight years ago)

Eren Yeager's POV

I was on a hillside from where the many people jumped off in desperation to escape the walking onslaught that stared down at them. I felt nothing but emptiness, I had no reason to smile or anything, I just felt... at peace. 'What've we... done...?' Atreus asked me so shocked at what we had just done.

"What we had to... but I'm not disappointed they stopped us either." I said looking down at all the bodies floating in the h20 as some of it was polluted with blood. I then heard the ODM gear traverse up the cliff as I saw the alliance to my left, all of them frowning at me. Levi had a broken leg, Jean and Connie were both exhausted, as Annie had Armin in her arms as he was weak.

But then Falco's Titan landed as I saw Gabi and Mikasa get off. "Are you happy now Eren? Happy that you killed a bunch of innocent children, people, families!?" Levi screamed at me as I just stared blankly at him with half lifted eyes. "Eren... I hope you know that Sasha died because of you. All because you thought that many people needed to be massacred." Jean said with a shaky tone as I still stared blankly at them.

"Why?! Why goddamnit why?!" Armin shouted as he shrugged Annie off of him and went over to me and knelt beside me, tears streaming down his cheeks. "All of this could've been avoided... but you had to... commit genocide. Did you honestly consider all your options before thinking that this was the only way?" "... Armin, put yourself in my shoes. What the fuck would you have done? Try to talk it out with the world?" I told him as I just wanted to die right now.

Levi then came up to me and put a gun to my head, pressing the barrel close to my skull. "You deserve to die for the shit you've done, you worthless scumbag piece of shit." Levi said to me as he cocked the gun, and started to pull down on the trigger as I closed my eyes.

"Do it... I just want to disappear." I said sadly, as I then felt the barrel come off as Levi holstered it. "... no. You deserve to live with the guilt that you carry and hope to god it haunts you to the rest of your final days." Levi said as my eyes widened as I gasped. They then all started to walk away leaving me behind as I just wanted die but they ignored me.

"JUST KILL ME!! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE... PLEASE!!" But out of everyone who walked away, Mikasa was still standing there, as she slowly walked over to me, looking down upon me like some dirty rat, as she took something out from behind. The scarf that I gave her years ago.

She simply dropped it in front of me, and then coldly said to me, "... this belongs with you, I don't need that thing anymore. Don't you ever try and find me... I don't want to see your face ever again. To think I spent all these years falling for you... when I could've been my own person." When she said this to me I was left in a confused state of mind, as I didn't know what Mikasa meant by all of this.

"See you later... Eren." Was all that Mikasa said to me as she got up and walked away. "I wish I could believe those words... but I can't... because I know you don't mean them." I said to her, to which she simply peered over her shoulder and carried on walking. I couldn't believe what just happened. I was actually on my own... forever.

And now that the curse was broken, all Titan users wouldn't be dead in the coming years. But then I let out a cry of emotion, as I slammed my fist into the ground, as I cried so loudly. "WHY?!?! WHY WASN'T THERE ANOTHER WAY?!?! ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO BE FREE FROM THE CAGE I WAS IN, BUT NOW... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I FREEDOM IS ANYMORE!! Mikasa... Armin... at least you can live in peace now... away from me."

I then looked at the scarf, and picked it up, as I got up and walked back home. When I got to a cabin in the fields, I saw a nurse coming over to me as I saw she had blood on her hands. "Mr Yeager sir! The baby she's... she's alive but... Historia... she died in whilst giving bir—" but I couldn't care to listen as I walked by her as I entered the house seeing Historia's corpse sat on the bloodied bed.