Chapter 23: The sins of a father

*Just thought I'd let you guys know that this chapter is gonna be gruesome in some areas, so please read with caution. Unless you don't care then read on ahead.*

Chaz's POV

I came back to conciseness, my vision blurry and fuzzy, as I heard a male grunting beside me. My hands were chained up to a wall as my face dropped with sweat with the heat that was coursing through my body. But a girl started moaning softly to my left as I turned my heavy head up to see Annie chained up as well. "An-Annie?" She didn't respond to me, she was still in an out of conciseness.

I then turned my head to see Armin bloodied from the mouth, as I woke up fully and tried to touch Armin, but I was held back by the leash of these bonds of steel. A door then opened up as I closed my eyes from the light blinding me as someone walked up toward me and knelt down. I only saw his scruff nose and crackled lips, as he pulled out a tiny little shank and put it to my neck, making me gag.

"Listen you little brat, tell us where she is, and your friends don't get hurt."

"Who... you're British?"

"We, are the Ackermans. An ancient clan that was enslaved by humanity's royalists. But we are those who are supporting the American government's plans into enslaving those who enslaved us. So I'll ask you again, where's the Asian girl?" I tried to think of an excuse or random lie to try and protect Mikasa and the others. But this guy would be hard to fool since he didn't buy me one bit, to which he smacked with his backhand, forcing my head the way his hand went.

"Don't lie to me you little shit! Our people saw you arrive on the boat with that girl. Now I'm only gonna give you ten seconds, to tell me exactly where she is. Or you'll suffer more, what's your pick?" I looked over to my right behind him to see a guard with a gun holstered by his side, making smirk back up at him, with blood dripping from my mouth.

"What's the poxy little guard for? He knows I can just get out of here whenever I want."

"Ah see that's where your lack of understanding your situation fails you. You see, with him being in here now, he can watch so that you don't meld your body into anything. We know that you're the War hammer Titan and that's why we took extra precautions with you. Speaking of which, you can't transform in here because you'll kill blonde boy over here who don't have any powers."

Although this guy sounded like an asswhole, he did have a point. I couldn't necessarily get out of here if that guard is gonna have his gun trained on me this entire time. And Krios can't come out and destroy this building without Armin dying in the process. I didn't even hear him counting as he raised his fist again, but I didn't give a damn. So I just took the brunt of it as he repeatedly beat me, punching my face left, right, and centre. And it felt peaceful, just peaceful.

I felt myself going unconscious again as the light was dimming and the pain was fading away. But then I felt myself rattling about and feeling a punch in the arm, which cause me to open my eyes to find myself in a five-seater car. I looked around the car and heard the radio playing country music, and driving in a little village. But I noticed my appearance looked different, I was younger. But I had no scars, which surprised me, but then I looked to my left, seeing my brother.

"Hey Buddy, what're you doing sleeping on the ride?"

"T-Tyler? Wha- how long was I asleep for?" I asked yawning, with him kicking his feet up the middle compartment between Mom and Dad. "For about thirty minutes or so? You must've been tired after running all this time huh?" I looked down feeling sad and tired like he said, my legs were burn dry, and my will to continue on my reckless journey beginning to decay with the constant running.