Chapter 28: One will fall

Screaming, it sounded like it was back when he did this last. Seeing the scared faces of humanity run in terror of him, reminded him of the dark times. But it was different this time, he was here for only one thing... his partners killer. 'I'm coming for you brother. We shall end this bloodshed, once and for all. But this time.... I'll make sure you stay dead.' Atreus then made his way through the land, breaking past through buildings, with news helicopters following him.

Hades watched from the screen in his base, confusion in his dazzled mind. "How is he there? Eren doesn't possess the means to transform... Unless he passed his soul into somebody else? But who, I mean............ THAT BASTARD!!!" Hades punched one of the soldiers, stomping out the door, heat glowing eyes burning with rage.

He rushed to where he left the two boys, doors sliding open to see his guards bloodied on the floor. He growled as he scanned the room, searching for the little scoundrels. But he saw the blood that led back through the door he came through, how did he not see it coming through the halls? His anger and frustration must've blinded him from seeing the jam stained floor. "I fucking hate kids!" He hissed under his breath, as he followed the trail of vital fluid leading to the holding cells.

The room was quiet, down, breathing was the only noise. It comforted Mikasa as she laid cradled in her mother's lap, being stroked like a kitty. The quietness was Mikasa's only form of comfort back when she was a kid, dealing with the trauma that was her mother's incident. Soon a thumping boom hit the door once, everyone flinching as they watch it, after a few seconds, another one hit the door. Then it fell forward with one more boom, as a guard was tossed into the room with a dagger in his back, sticking out like a sharp thorn. Chaz ran in, the others glad to see him, but it went quiet after Eren was seen by everyone.

Eren's POV

Eyes were trained on me, hate and animosity, it marked me as an anomaly. I knew it was gonna be awkward and bitter, but I had to face the things I'd done to them. I looked to my parents who just had mixed feelings about me, something I thought I wouldn't ever get from them. Then I turned to see Anne, the only smile in the room, thank god. But Mikasa broke me the most, seeing her curled onto her mother's lap in tears, afraid of... me.

"Chaz... can you take the others while I speak to Mikasa and both our parents?" Chaz didn't need to give a response as he got all of their collars off and guided them out. I then looked to Mikasa who frowned at me, my parents who stood across from me with the two. "Look, I know that, I've done things that can't be forgiven. Hit me c'mon, I know that's all you want to do." I allowed her as I shut my eyes for another beating. But instead, I didn't hear anything from Mikasa, she didn't move or say anything. I opened with confusion to see she hadn't moved and my parents were still mad at me, but Anne still smiled for some reason.

"Please don't leave me in the dark, why isn't she hitting me?"

"Because she doesn't want to. Eren, you've known Mikasa to be scared when you get angry right?"

"What? Wh-wh-what do you mean...?"

"Not to be too harsh and blunt about it... but she's scared of you Eren. She's scared that you're turning into Eric. I know deep down you know that yourself. While she and your parents choose to observe only the negative portion of what you've done, I'm the only one who looked deeper into it and understood why you did what you did." Anne told me.

I was so shocked to hear that from her about Mikasa, even though I kinda knew she'd be pissed at me, I didn't think it was gonna turn out like this. To be compared to Eric of all animals, hearing that she's afraid of me crushed my heart, leaving my fragile heart with no home. It just brought up the memories of high school, screaming at her the way I did. 'Am I becoming you... Eren Yeager?'