Chapter 29: Goodbye my beloved

Atreus's  POV

Felt like the first battle for the valley. The punishment of nature spitting acid on you was the thing you'd die to get away from. This was no different. Me and Krios both running for their lives, while the great big monkey is tossing rocks at us, how befitting. Without turning back I hear Hade's roar with rage, seconds later rocks fly into the sky again, raining down the armada. We both split down separate roads to avoid being hit, but the shatter from the central tower impacted us both.

"ALL OF THIS WAS MADE TO BE BY MY HAND! NOW SHALL THEY BE UNMADE... STARTING WITH YOU BOTH!!!" He hatefully clamoured. Relentless as he was, we couldn't keep this up forever. I chose to do only one thing, a choice I would've thought never to do. Hera once told me something about why she split her soul up in the first place... it's because her power is too great for her to handle. So if we can get him to consume all of us, he'll be overwhelmed by its raw power, destroying his own life in the process.

But there's a cost to this. Our lives would be destroyed too, we'd have nothing left, back to mindless souls scattered around. But it's a price I'm willing to pay. I ripped out a pole from the ground and using the last bit of strength I had left in me, I tossed it right up to Hades's eye making him howl and scream. Then the heat started steam off his red flesh, I could only see where this went and I jumped behind the thickest building I could see the steam pulsating. Then like an explosion from a volcano that we used to harvest material from, exploded with hot gas firing in all directions.

Third-person POV

Krios was hiding beneath the rubble to escape Hade's poisonous fog that scanned the lost city. Across the street, he saw Atreus crawling along with the rubble too, but he started to sign to him and thought he was out of his mind. "What?! You're crazy!" "Krios... there's no other way. We're at the end now... there's no other way around it." With no choice left, Krios sighed tiredly closing his eyes, trying to imagine this place as a peaceful land. Then he looked back over and reluctantly nodded. Atreus peaked out from the corner to see the big giant still healing its eye.

But unknowing to Levi, he did not know what was about to come in his way. He turned down a hard right to see the massive Titan burning with hot furry, as he looked with his eyes widened for the first time in years. "So that's a Titan huh?" He asked himself, just shocked to see a mass of that size tower over the large sculptures. Then as the Titan roared again, a large energy blast explodes into shards of bolts that pierce the window of the truck. Levi winced at a glass shard being lodged in his shoulder, but persevered and slammed his foot on the gas, blazing through the storm.

Back in at his house, Petra was watching the news broadcast at the edge of her seat, sweating from her forehead. She gritted her teeth anxiously knowing her daughter and husband were somewhere in that blaze of chaos. "Please... please be safe." She whispered thoughtfully, holding onto a cushion for comfort.

The winds picked up, forming a torrential downpour, that made the roads slippery, Levi began to lose control. "Argh, shit!" He swerved left and right, trying to even out the traction, but ultimately ended in the truck clipping and building, forcing it to topple over. Hades's eye then healed, the steam evaporating. He surveyed the battleground, not seeing the two anywhere made his blood boil. "You both can't hide!" He roared walking down the crippled, scorched city. Atreus managed to get behind his brother, staring up at the giants red fleshy back, as Krios only caught up to him.

"Right, what do we do?"

"Well if you can give me your soul now, I'll use your power to get up to his nape and rip him out. Then I'll consume him. But there's another thing, Hera's soul was split into three parts so Eren Yeager and his friends could come back. So that's why Chaz must go and get them."