Chapter-13 {Edited}

💙

|Some sour and others sweet

|Some sour and others sweet. Our journey is a tangy blend of singularity|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

The morning rays of a hesitant sun stirred me out of the slumber I had somehow got only after midnight. The exhaustion of my body felt betrayed by the power nap I received. There weren't any bad dreams to make me scream and I had slept thoroughly for once. Such peaceful nights were a rare treat to my abnormal routine so my greed was justified.

I moved around to bring my lethargic being on track. I fluttered my eyes open with great difficulty hoping to get them adjusted to the blinding light that greeted me. The faint chirping of birds made me smile cozily, the serenity in the fresh air at this altitude cooled my twitchy heart and lovingly patted me to an inviting slumber. Oh, how I wish to stay here...for a bit more!!

But soon my eyes googled in complete shock when I comprehended Aryan's presence close to me. He was carelessly snoring softly with his head tucked upon his arm, on the cot next to my injured foot. He really slept in a very uncomfortable position last night.

My eyes blinked, unable to perceive his recent actions around me. His encouraging words, his heart-warming smiles, his confused retorts, his utmost care, his soothing actions, his grand gestures, everything was like an unfulfilled wish. I had desired for all of it but not from him yet having him felt like a blessing in disguise.

Why is he concerned for me so much?

Is this the Aryan everybody knew until now or the one whom I was left with was a doppelganger? Or am I beginning to hallucinate things?

I didn't realize that for how long I had been gawking at his face without a break until Aryan abruptly woke up and caught me red-handed.

Can I be brazen anymore?

Have I lately acted as a creep? The answer was, yes, in a way.

The implication itself made me turn my face away from him instantly.