Chapter-25 {Edited}

💙

|There was a melancholic poetry he could hear even behind her platonic smiles|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

I wordlessly watched Aryan walking away from me.

I pursed my lips in a thin line until his footsteps completely faded and I was finally abandoned to my loneliness.

The dam of my crimson tears that I was trying so hard to conceal from him at the end broke the barriers of my endurance and unbridled from their abode. The spasmodic quivers of my body were matchless to this yoke hammering down my guilt. My wobbly knees had given up the fight to stand long back and I had unknowingly slumped down against the wall.

I shut my eyelids to get rid of the gruesome memory but the pain in my chest grew ten folds when his tristful gaze appeared in front of my eyes. His disheartened stare splintered my peace like it happens to a broken glass showpiece. It felt as if my unguarded soul was set on flames that were capable of reducing my entire existence into ashes. The liability of his unmoving trust in me was clawing out my guts while I sat here like a wimp.

I don't blame him.

I cannot do it as I knew what he was going to say. It would be a shame on love if I deny his words anymore but I don't think that I had it in me to hear him admit it just yet. I dreamt of this one moment from the last three years but now when it actually came, it felt like a mirage. I wanted it as much as him but still destroyed our golden souvenir with my own hands because Aryan was here to be mine but I was sure that I could never become his.

This was our condescending reality.

For me, getting tied down in a relationship was neither planned nor easy. I went ahead with the proposal brought by my family to make them content but couldn't stop myself from falling for Aryan. The engagement ended unceremoniously and it badly affected everyone but I cannot accept Aryan in my life even when we're legally married.