Chapter-4 {Edited}

💙

|A series of unsaid promises are the building blocks of their union|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

Why are meeting the prospective bride and groom setups so traditionally weird and definitely awkward? The girl's family invites the latter over and takes care of all the arrangements regardless of the final decision happening. The extravaganza efforts displayed in the form of new crockery which was untouched for years, the newly-bought cushion covers, shining dining cloth showcasing the fear behind lacking a perfection in the girl or her background.

Why can't such meetings could be as real as one stays in their daily life? And how considerably legit it was deciding the future of individuals over a handful of samosas and cups of hot tea? Who did even issue this deranged regime?

[Samosas - A fried South Asian pastry with a savoury filling, including ingredients such as spiced potatoes, onions, and peas. Samosas are often accompanied by chutney and steaming tea, and are a popular entrée, appetizer, or snack in the Indian cuisine.]

Ruchi pondered the same while pacing to and fro inside her room as the guests or the prospective groom's clan have arrived already and looking ahead to summon her.

She was undeniably anxious. Considerably, anxious was a small word because the adrenaline and cortisol were hiking in her body and overall she felt like a ticking bomb.

Ruchi wasn't in a position to decline for her father's sake but to give it a severe thought it was a matter of her lifetime. She might not love the stranger guy initially but she still had a hope for a stable and lasting relationship unlike like what had drowned the ship in her parents' debatable marriage.

Archie, her Aunt's daughter, helped her to get ready for the day since Ruchi had a poor taste of presentation as per Sushma. Ruchi wore a bottle green silk saree with a contrast red zari border highlighting the faint rose blush on her cheeks and paired the saree with a matching red blouse. A simple gold chain, hoop earrings and plain bangles. Archie left her hair open setting them up in long waves and completed her look with a red bindi.