Chapter-9 {Edited}

💙

|A secret curtailed behind her eyes and a dilemma concealed behind his words were the roots of their unseen separation|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

Ruchi pondered on what transpired between her and Aakash. She knew everyone saw him as the perfect candidate for her but her instincts were steering her at the oppressing edge of this alliance. The Cheema family had been quite orthodox when they're informed of her parents' ugly separation and awkwardly inquired Ruchi about her perspective on the marriage with his mother strangely cornering her to warn regarding her son's happiness.

Aakash's parents had also acted differently when Aakash complied with Ruchi's wish to continue living in India even after marriage that meant for him to settle down in India itself. Though Aakash had accepted her request without any queries there were some other unbelievable instances.

Mamta who was previously eager to get Ruchi married seemed to be hesitant for this relationship which came as a first. She even tried to delay the engagement citing the reason for waiting until her final exams. Sujal too appeared conflicted whenever Aakash or his family was brought up in the conversation. He even argued with his brother for the same. Kartik though wasn't exactly convinced about pushing his sister for marriage but his equations conflicted with Aakash whose frequent visits at their house increased and that made Ruchi a guest in their own house. Meanwhile, it was just Sunil and Sushma who were persistent on keeping the engagement a week after she returned from Manali along with the marriage that was preponed after two months, even before her final semester ends.

Ruchi wasn't fond of the changes recently. It felt unusually odd.

"Chillar party, anyone who wants my world famous sandwiches?" Samiksha propelled unboxing her bag within an hour of their journey.

Bhavesh inquired, scrunching his nose looking into the box she waved in everyone's face, "Are they even edible?"

"Of course, bro!" Vivek chortled, "She ordered them yesterday from Pluto's cafe. They are not at all stale or were refrigerated for an entire night either." He interpreted with a vile smile, "And whoever eats this fresh shit is going to live a hundred years to forever hail my twin's name."