Chapter-21 {Edited}

💙

|Loving you wasn't a choice, it was a leap of trust in my love that reckoned me to imagine a life with you by my side|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

The backyard of the Batra household was filled with numerous people as it was capable of host some hundred humans at once. The guests were mostly immediate relatives and close friends from both the Cheema and Batra families. Ruchi swiftly stepped down the florally decorated exterior staircase into the backyard with her eyes that were trained down on the green carpet which looked the most significant thing at the moment. She had a phobia from being the center-of-talk among the people and this was that one situation where she came out helpless.

The slow, romantic music in the background didn't help either as she picked up her eyes when Chhaya prompted her to, Ruchi looked up at Aakash who expectantly passed out his hand to her which she was supposed to take in order to follow the unsaid protocol. Her friends and other youngsters cheered up for the little act which was quite a big deal for some rusted orthodox mindsets. Aakash helped his bride up on the set-up of an artificial podium and very soon the priest began chanting holy prayers for the engagement.

In the meantime Aakash gazed at her with simmering glitters, taking into her ornamental form. His family and he himself did a great job while selecting their outfits, he thought. He had picked out a stunning designer lehenga-choli for the evening which had an intricate beaded detailing, zardozi thread work that dazzled on the hot pink material. The rest of the dress was complimented with a matching dupatta which bore a thick border with loads of silver embroidery on it. The moti work traditional round ring on her right hand clubbed with a coral choker necklace and similar earrings along with a pair of gold pearl kada bangles, a gift from her grandparents to their dearest granddaughter.

[Lehenga-Choli - is a type of ethnic clothing for women from the Indian Subcontinent. It consists of an ankle-length skirt and blouse.]

[Zardozi - Zardozi is a type of heavy and elaborate metal embroidery on a silk, satin, or velvet fabric base.]