CHAPTER 26: THE SET UP

"Have you dispatched them already, Daddeus?" asked the woman in red.

She's walking gracefully on the shiny floor that almost reflecting her outstanding beauty.

Her eyes illuminates the lights above every unique chandeliers that were lit up by the luminescence of lightning, trapped inside every small, round glasses there.

"If there's a will, there's a way.. Of course, my lordess Divineah!" he answered with a puppy looking face. He's serving them for too long that he already knows what kind of face they want to see always.

"Good." she said.

Juvar and Ephrim came to hear him. They've been talking about the idea of giving the cursed hollows of what they want to avoid war between the first and the second kind offsprings. They're always being outnumbered whenever they wage war against the cursed hollows, which is so devastating to them. They don't have any idea just how many are those outside the capital, or, if there's a traitor inside that just want to bring them all down.

But, they would have to do better than just being cruel to the Other-kinds to please the cursed ones. They're fully aware, aware that the Other-kinds could revolt against their rulership. So, they need to get rid anyone who they think could have the potential to revolt against them.

Now, a Branch is thrown infront of them by an Elcaster that serves them. "This man is banging on the gates, shouting for help!" he told them, while the Branch is kneeling down on them. Blood is splattered on his face and body.

"Help us, lords and lordess!! Please! We're attacked by many cursed hollows! M-my companions, they're fighting for their lives!!" he screamed those words at the top of his lungs in terror. "Please!! Help us!!--"

A fast heavy hand of Juvar dropped on the man's face. "How dare you tell us what to do?!! You imbecile!!!" he furiously shouted. "We. Don't. Care. Even. If. You. All. Die!!!" He kicked him on his face and on every part of his body until he bleeds while saying those words. The Branch curved in pain and asked for mercy, but he wasn't given.

"That's enough Juvar! You're gonna make him stink here!" Ephrin said, pinching his nose.

"Look what you've done! He looks so awful! Just leave him alone to this Elcaster!" Ephrim said, wearing a wealthy's sophisticated face.

"Ah, I apologize for my action, lordess if you didn't liked what I did." Juvar immediately said when he noticed the woman in scarlet dress and heels.

"Not at all. I'm already used to your hot-temperament... Elcaster, kindly get him out of our sight!" Divineah said to the Elcaster. He bowed down, then, grabbed the Branch on the neckline of his clothe and pulled him out as they left a line of blood on the floor. "No, no, no! What're you doing?! You suppose to help us!!"

"Ah, gross!" Ephrim said.

Daddeus saw it but he didn't even flinch at what he saw and heard. "I guess, it has began. The receivers will clean them all to avoid any witness who might turn against us! No one should know where we make the transactions! That's very wise and excellent of you!" he told them.

"This is necessary. Such a waste of time if we need to think all about war, armies and weapons if we could just give them what they want!" Divineah said.

"But.." Daddeus suddenly butts in. The lordess faced him
"What is it?"

"There's a thing going on that you still don't know.."

Both the two lords and the lordess frowned at him. They've became uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"It's about... the cursed half-kind. Someone just told me that he's still alive.. and he doesn't have curse any longer.. " Daddeus said.