CHAPTER 23: GRIEF

Erin released me in his embrace, suddenly, with a cautious look. His soft, sobbing eyes changed into a sharp gaze, alert and suspicious. He's looking something behind me.

I turn my head around to see why Erin is frowning again.
There's a boy with tacked, slender body, standing behind us.

He has a curly, french-olive hair, and has a resemblance with her mother.

"Benhar? What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised. I remember that he's Orthyl's brother.

"You.. you're Allison right. Behind you is Erin.. hmm, my stepbrother's keeper?" he said, a little bit unsure.

This feeling...

There's this piercing eyes that Erin is showing again. As I look at him, his eyes is gleaming, and I feel like anytime there'll be another fight that will occur infront of me. But, he shouldn't fight Benhar. He didn't intended to eavesdrop.

"Did you heard us talking?!" Erin asked immediately as he stood up, pinning his eyes on him.

"Yes." Benhar abrupted. "But, whatever you're talking about is none of my business, right?" he added, then, he glanced at me with those light crimson-brown eyes, the same with his mother.

I immediately stood up and touched Erin's shoulder. "Hey, it's okay.. Please don't do anything to him.." I whispered, trying to stop him to whatever he's gonna do.

He looked at me with an ambiguous frown. He's like asking me 'what if he tells what he has heard? It'll be a huge problem.'

Then, his eyes shifted, fusing its glow, when he saw someone coming.

"Hey! There you are!" a voice shouted. He's the hollow with the wierd haircut. From what I remember, his name is Clyde, a Branch level.

"I told you to wait for me, why are you so--" he told Benhar. He stopped when he noticed us.

He looked at us with a little surprise in his face.

"Oh... What are you two doing here?" Clyde asked innocently.

"You.. What're you doing here, the both of you?" Erin asked, returning Clyde's question.

"I was the one who asked first... But, okay! Sure, I'll tell you..

Just awhile back from the training field, we just saw a blast of wind, like an explosion or whatever, from a nearby cabin and Ceres told us to scout the area." Clyde explained, though I could feel he's annoyed.

"Really?" Erin said, a little suspicious.

"Yeah. Now, what are you doing here?" Clyde asked again.

I am the one who answered. "W-we're just talking.. privately. Uh, something about.. joining your guild's training.. Because I-- still can't decide.."

I wasn't suppose to say that. But I'm really not great at lying. I let a shy smile to cover up that lie.

"Okay?.." he replied.

Erin is still staring at Benhar. He was threatening him not to speak about what he has heard from us using his eyes.

Suddenly, Clyde gave Benhar something. "Oh, you forgot your weapon again. I told you to bring it wherever you go, right? Here, I brought it with me." he said.

He gave a sharp short-spear. "Oh, thanks." Benhar said. He pushed something there and the spear released another two edges on both sides of it.