CHAPTER 10: A WILD DANCE

More came. More hideous and strong.

By the time they came, Austus's body were already gone. Only the taint of his blood was left on the ground.

They asked what was the noise they heard from afar and they told them what happened.

"When we arrived, I could tell that the culprit is just here somewhere. The blood is still fresh, and the corpse's flesh is still warm." Methis told them.

There's a sinister look on him as he roams his eyes, prying to every dark corner around them, and he licks his dry lips.

"It looks like an Other-kind.." he said.

"If that's the case, it'll be easy to find him.. or them.. Maybe they're many. One isn't enough to defeat someone like Austus!" one of them said, his eyes, wild and searching.

Orthyl heard it. "Hey! That's not true!" he snapped, but still lowering his voice. He's the one who killed Austus in one blow. He wanted them to know that.

The hollows under them began to search, sniffing around, tasting the ground, looking for traces and marks. They're making distorted sounds while doing it.

Aware of this, the two guys beside Allison discussed how they could leave there and survive.

"Do you think we could fight them?" Orthyl asked, feeling antsy about what will happen.

"Maybe just a few of them." Erin replied while watching the hollows roam around. "We need to make it as silent as we can! It could draw more attention if not!"

Orthyl smirked. "Hmm.. Targeting the neck. Cutting their heads. I like the idea!" he said, hiding his grin a little.

Allison immediately understood what they're planning to do.

"Don't tell me, you're both gonna leave me up here! I'm-- I'm aerophobic.." she said, shifting her eyes from Erin to Orthyl.

"Then, it serves you right!" Erin said, hot-tempered. "Thanks to you, we'll have a hard time surviving this!" he frowns at her, his words piercing like a sword.

She felt abashed, guilty and miserable. She fully knows it's all her fault. Looking at how the creatures are so persistent to find them, she's melting in fear.

"Don't mind him. He's just being sarcastic." Orthyl suddenly whispered, lifting up the atmosphere.
He's trying to comfort Allison.

"He's doing it more often to me." he said.

He looked away when he noticed that Erin is glaring.

"Besides," he continues, focusing himself to the creatures under them. "There's no other choice we have.. but to fight them head on."

Orthyl has excitement in his chest. His eyes are igniting. He couldn't hide the fact that he thirsts for an action since he wants to try his powers more. Blowing off Austus in one strike is already a proof of his strength.

But Allison is still skeptical about what they're planning to do.

"You can't possibly defeat them all! They're so many!" she whispered. "Can we just.. wait until they leave?"

In a human point of view, just seeing a lot of wierd, creepy hollows already means zero survival, let alone if they surround you.

Erin's eyebrows twitched and furrowed. "You will not be the one to decide this. Your decisions led us here, don't you remember?" he said.