CHAPTER 15: THE UNION LODGE

It was unexpectedly beautiful inside that magical passage. By the time we stepped inside, it enclosed and became a one huge solid rock.

"Welcome to our base camp!" Zephyr says as he spread one of his arm towards the place while smiling at us.

"This is where we hide. It could also be called as a secret base, but it doesn't look like much. It's the Union's lodging area. We take those who allied with us here, just like these men with me and just as you.." he said.

We admire the place as we look around.

Inside is like a town floating in water. I tried to step, but it didn't wet my feet cover.

There are bridges curving down at every area, like a roller coaster, like a zigzag road, like a spiral ladder-- I don't know how to describe it more. Then, there are many log cabins built in a peculiar way.

This is the most amazing place I've ever seen in my entire life! I feel like I'm in a wonderland!

There are people-- I mean hollows-- Other-kind hollows walking around. I could see some from afar. And as insanely as it is, I am seeing them using their different abilities. I don't want to describe them all since I'm gonna be lost for words for each of those I see.

Suddenly, I noticed the water leveled down as it reveals the ground. The water subsides and dries up like someone is sipping it under the ground.

"It looks like the moons are moving close again.." One of Zephyr's men behind me suddenly said. "And it means.. another death for others.."

"What?" I asked, confused as I turn to look at him. The man's eyes gleamed and then, it returned to normal.

He suddenly looked at me innocently and arched his brows. "Why?" he asked.

"You said something." I said, insisting.

"What... um, I don't know what I said." his eyes shifted to look at Zephyr, then to me.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Clyde is like that. He's always telling wierd things like a foreseer. Well, we don't actually know." Zephyr told us.

His name is Clyde. A wierd name, but it also sounds good.

"He said about the moons moving close, then,  death for others.. What are those mean?" I asked. I'm curious again.

"Did I said that? I.. I don't know.. I also can't tell what those mean..." he said.

Erin and Orthyl looked at the guy, analyzing him.

He has a bad haircut but it's just my opinion. His dark hair covers his ears and forehead. He's got dimples on both sides of his cheeks and behind him is a weapon-- a bow with three holes on its midsection and a pack of iron arrows.

"You're a Branch Level." Erin says, examining him with his cold eyes.

"Uh, yeah. And so what?" he says like he's defending himself. But what is a branch level?

"Um, can I ask what is that?" of course, I immediately ask.

Zephyr laughed and said, "You don't know? A Branch Level are hollows without powers of destruction. They could only invent weapons of their own through their smart thinking." Zephyr explained.

Oh.. Branch level hollows are inventive but have no powers to be used as weapons. So, that's the only kind of ability they have.

Clyde just looked so proud all of a sudden, bringing up his chest while looking at Erin. "See? I'm smart!" he said, turning his nose up.