CHAPTER 3: CATCH ME

Something happened.

I know that I'm almost out of breath and dying. I know that he won't have mercy to someone like me. I know that he won't let me live. That's exactly the expression I see to him. But, something happened.

His eyes rounded wide in astonishment, but I don't know why. He removes his hand suddenly. He released me, my body hits the floor. I cough so hard, like my throat is going to come out. I gasp for air, breathing heavily, like its the last thing I can do in the world, that I don't want to lose any amount of oxygen.

I still could feel the heat of his hand around my neck, even though it's not there anymore.

He moved away while looking at his hands. And suddenly he held his chest so tight, like he's agonizing with a chest pain. What's happening to him?

"Damn it!!" he says with anguish.

In a blink of an eye, all the glass windows exploded in wreckage at the same time. I covered myself with my arms as I screamed in shock, though I can't tell if it's only in my mind or my voice really goes out with that scream.

He breathe slowly. He looked at me again, wearing a more furious stare, his hand is tightly against his chest.

"Remember this," he suddenly says. "If you try to escape, I won't think twice to kill you!" His tone is dead serious, I almost want to believe that I really have no hope of escaping. He said, he'll kill me if I try. But, why did he let me go? I thought it was the end for me. Is he letting me live?

His eyes glinted again like a blue crystal, like the color of an ocean. He said something that I suddenly couldn't resist.

"Fall to sleep. Obey my call.."
His words became like echoing whispers inside my ears. I felt like the wind blown me away, like a string inside my body was all removed and made me fall on the floor then, everything went black.

..........

Warm sunlight striding from the windows woke me up from my bed. I felt a little dizzy but I managed to get up.

I look around and see how neat the things here and a little bit strange.
Something reminds me about what happened last night. The man that abducted me tried to kill me.

Isn't that just a dream? Or did it really happen?! I also remember the sudden explosion from the glass windows.

As I stand up, I see my reflection through the mirror displayed across the bed. I touch my neck to see the red mark he left after choking me. I also touch one window and finds that its glass is broken, though the shattered pieces aren't there anymore.

So, it really happened! All of it!
That's weird. I thought it was just a dream! I saw his eyes glowed too. That's not normal.

I slide the window frame up to see what's outside, avoiding the sharp glasses that are left there.

My jaw almost drops. I know that he brought me to a different place, but it shouldn't be not as different as this!

The sky is queer. There are tiny, shining things falling from it at a distant, like stars. Then, small three moons, two are in whole and one is in a quarter phase, different in sizes, dull in color, all glance to see me. There are also gaseous clouds like halos on some part of this peculiar sky, especially around the three moons. Some are solid nimbus, covering the bald sun.

"What in a world is this? Am I dreaming?" I slap myself to wake me, but there, I could still see it. I'm not dreaming at all. I'm not. Birds in flock suddenly distracts me as they fly around in unison and I notice its appearances. They have four feet, three eyes and four wings, pale in color. Two primary wings are larger than the other two below it. I close the curtains to avoid seeing more.