CHAPTER 29: THE ELITES

I was walking down somewhere and I don't know where I'm heading to. My mind is clouded while carrying the weight on my shoulders because of everything I saw from that woman named Elthea. I don't know where she came from or if what she made me see are all real.

"Allison!" someone called. He ran towards me and shook my shoulders. Still, he couldn't took away the fuss in my brain. I felt absolutely nothing but perplexity because Elthea said, she showed a little of my memory that has been taken away by my father long ago. And it's still trapped inside Erin's mark.

"I've been looking for you!! Where have you been?!" he's face is really worried. It's written down all over his face, I could see it.

As I was looking to this man, I figured that it's Erin.. again. Am I still looking at the young Erin, or the grown man version of himself that does not show any sign of aging? Because I saw him there too, inside that small memory and he looks the same, it's just that his demeanor is not as stubborn as like he is now. I could see through his eyes.

The thing is.. he knows me and my father even long ago...

He suddenly held one of my hand in between his hands. "Hey, look at me! What happened?! A-are you alright?!" he asked.

His hands are still bigger than mine, the same like before.

"Why aren't you answering me?!" he asked again in a serious tone, just like how the way he talks to me after taking me here in this realm, rude and impolite.

I can't say a word. I feel like I was stuck in between time. He's not like this inside the memory that Elthea showed me.

Then, I glared at him. I thought of saying everything to him, about what I saw and what I know at last. I just don't know if I will believe it.

After Elthea showed it to me, she said, she'll come back when I needed her. Her last words with me is still echoing inside me like what I call as 'last words syndrome'.

..........

"This will not be our last meeting. I'll be sure to come to you when you needed me.."

"How?.." I asked.

"I just know that you'll need me someday.. And when that time comes, you'll be making the most difficult decision you'll ever make. And, I'll be there... just like now.." Elthea said.

..........

These are the words she said before ddisappearing out of thin air.

I looked at Erin once again and said, "Let's.. just go back first... in our cabin.. please?" I touched my head. It feels like spinning all of a sudden.

"Why?..." he asked again, but, maybe he felt me that he suddenly agreed.

"Okay... we're going back.. just as you said." he said.

..........

While walking back.. He told me about the cursed hollows that suddenly attacked the area. It was so absurd that he's so thankful I'm not hurt, not because he'll also feel the pain I'm feeling, or if I die, he will also die, but instead, he told me, it's because he doesn't want to see me get hurt.

"I'm sorry.." he said again.

"For what?"

He's hesitating of whatever is on his mind. But he continued, "Because.. I was too preoccupied that I didn't noticed you were gone.. And I haven't even told you properly, after your father is gone, you are now my responsibility since you also bear my life with you. So.. please be careful."