CHAPTER 5: HARD TO TELL

The same setting. The three of us are sitting. Lucca prefers to stand behind me. They are silent for a while.

I notice that there are curved symbols on a particular wall near us. I could read in a line. I don't know why or how, since they're not English Alphabet, but its meaning is really clear to me. Each of the symbols glints as I read it. It says,

'Bound to spirit, bound to earth, bound to water, and bound to hollows.'

I don't get what it means.

There are three sofas placed in round, two are both seats for one person and between them is a long sofa for four or five people, where the two guys are sitting. I chose to sit on one of the single chairs.

Infront of them is a firewall that makes the house feel so warm. Between us is a rectangular glassy table with a small flower vase on it and some books that Erin might be reading. It's not in english so I can't tell what its all about, but it looks like another language. Hebrew? Aramaic? Greek?

That same moment, another set of strangers came out of nowhere, kneeling down with their one knee.

"Lord Erin, lord Orthyl!" said the two teenage-looking twins- one boy and one girl, older than Lucca.

Another is a girl who goes beside Lucca. She has the same grimace with the boy and they also might be in the same age.

"Reporting from Port Vulgotha!" one of them said. And suddenly, they noticed my presence.

These three new people looked at me as one of them ask Erin. "My lord! Have you found her?" said the girl, frowning. She's one of the twins.

"Oh.. Is she Allison Evergreen, the one I once saved?" the girl beside Lucca, asks. She walks closer to me to have a better look. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Yes, she's indeed! The one we are told to watch over! I remember her!" said the guy who stood up together with his twin sister. He frowned at me. "Why didn't you told us about this, that you will brought her here?!"

"Careful, she could all see and hear us!" Lucca suddenly snaps and the three strangers stare at me more, sagaciously.

"No way! We're suppose to be invisible!" said the girl near me, waving her hand infront of my eyes.

"Yeah, we're spirits! No one can see as unless we choose to make an appearance!"

I'm only standing there like a statue while watching them talk, and all I can say is, "Huh?" because I can't get what they mean.

Orthyl crosses his legs and arms. I don't know what he's thinking but it looks so deep.

Erin, on the otherhand, is quietly thinking what to say.

While me, I'm trying to absorb everything wierd that's happening all at once. These new people I just met now knows my name. They are all surprised that I'm here.

"Lord Erin? Why aren't you answering--"

He suddenly made a hand sign to stop the girl beside his twin brother from talking.

She retracts and says, "Yes, we understand." he looks at his brother, and together, they dissappeared.

Lucca and the girl near me vanished into thin air too.

I gasp for an air as I look around to find any traces or shadow from them, but I found none.

Erin turns to me and says, "You're truly brave. Perhaps you have so many questions on your head. But still.. Will you believe it if I tell you?" Erin said, back to his normal cold gazes.