CHAPTER 13: STAY CLOSE

I swear, I couldn't take it any longer.

Arakkons appearance is already creeping in my mind.

They're not that hairy. They have arms and legs like spider's, but have hands like us, only it has long, sharp nails on their four fingers and they have a dark skin. They're body are elongated like reptiles. They're sizes are just like a size of grown up dogs. They're faces changes every time they want, so I couldn't tell how they really look.

I feel the tightening of my chest along with its defeaning heartbeat.

I don't know who or what covers my face. It feels thick and strange at the same time. I could feel a hot breath beside my ears.

I hope it's not an Arakkon. Please, somebody tell me it isn't.

I chose not to move even an inch. I'm like a breathing statue. Only my eyes are moving inside somebody's hand.

A bright light flashes and wraps around me, while I'm peeking in between the fingers of someone who is still covering my face.

Slowly and gently, I could feel the skin sweeps away from my face. The hands were removed. I opened my eyes to see that the light came from Orthyl. It's bigger. He's holding it above his head so that his light could reach further darkness.

Then, a shadow moves beside me, only to see that it's Gallad. He's the one that's been helping me since a while ago and the one that covered my face. Maybe it is to avoid me from expressing an emotion of fear on my face.

Our eyes found each other while still keeping a dead facial expression.

He taps my back like he wants to tell me that I don't need to worry. I nodded to tell him that I'm thankful of what he did and that I was able to understand what he wants to say. I just don't know if he was able to receive that message.

Others move backwards, onguard of Arakkons' presence.

They were alerted, and no one is looking back nor saying anything. They're just looking around, looking for those Arakkons that broke our lightning bulbs.

Suddenly, a cold liquid drops on my face. I looked upward and saw where it came from.

It's an Arakkon, looking widely at me while salivating. Its eyes are pure black. It scared me to the bones that I couldn't resist the terror it gives me. I melt in fear. I didn't able to remain impassive.

It jumped at me as I wince and scream. I didn't able to control myself. It's arms and legs pressed me against the ground. I could already feel its breath while looking at its huge mouth with sharp fangs. It roared with a boisterous, rasping voice.

"Allison!!" Gallad shouted. His voice echoed around. He slayed the Arakkon above me immediately through some roots and stems that outgrows suddenly and lifted up the creature and pierced its flesh. It squeaks with a loud, dying scream before it dies. It's blood splattered on the ground and on the stems.

Gallad released it, commanding the roots and stems with his hand to disperse and to return to the ground. Then, he helped me to stand up.

I'm already breathing fine, but we both broke the rules already.

These creatures suck on giving some rules and will just play with it unfairly.

And now, others gave in too as they looked back at us.

Then, loud shrieks and mocking laughs flood our ears. Arakkons suddenly came out from different directions, almost everywhere.

"Oh no! We all broke the rules!! We're dead!!" Orhtyl shouted. He didn't able to remain numb and silent.