CHAPTER 25: DARE TO CONTINUE

The wind is blowing strong since we're flying so high. It's cold too, the dark sky makes it cold and gloomy. Thin clouds are passing through us, and stars began to appear in between spots in the dark sky. We could see the triod moonlight, a little bigger than we saw it from the ground. It's following us. Wherever we go, it also goes.

It's my first time to ride at the back of a hygantus. Erin told me that if I really want to come, I must overcome my fear in heights.

My hands are on full grip on the rope that the Branches gave us. It is attached to the hygantuses body, and it is to prevent us from falling down.

Some are even standing, their postures are like they're on a surfing board, trying to balance themselves while holding on a rope for support.

Okay...

I am calm.

Calm is the new me.

Breathe.

I can do this.

Probably, Erin will help me if I fall since my life is equivalent to his life.

So, yeah. Calm down, Allison.

Erin and I went and chose to sat at the back where we are near the hygantus's tail, while other hollows with us are crouching down comfortably on the front, near the head, and some are on the middle part of its body.

These hollows with us are all Branch levels, weapons are attached beside them, infront or at their back. I know they don't want us here after hearing their leader's sentiments over us. They heard what Ceres and his son and daughter said,

It's also Ceres that commanded them to stay with us. He's sitting with his group of Branch levels, 12 of them are there, while there are 13 here, 15 if I add myself and Erin.

Zephyr has his Elcaster group with him and some are on another hygantus, which made them use two hygantuses. It's 15 and 13 that makes them all 28 Elcasters, including Zephyr.

Ceres's son, Avis, and daughter, Ariona, are both on another flying mammal, and they are the most comfortable since they are only 5 there. That makes the Branch levels all 30, and overall, if I include Erin and me, it's 60. I guess, this isn't much, but, it's not the quantity that counts, but always the quality.

I hope they are all skilled fighters since they are trained for it.

"You okay?" Erin asked suddenly. He probably noticed me, cringing in cold and fear of falling from this hygantus.

Erin's ability is wind manipulation, of course, he's not afraid. And I don't know if he feels cold like I do.

"Y-yes, I'm okay! Don't worry! I-I can do this!" I answered, stuttering.

I am forcing myself to overcome my phobia. But everytime the hygantus sways down, to the side or sways upward, I couldn't help but feel like I'm going to puke in fear.

"Maybe you need this?" Erin suddenly said.

He took off the coat his wearing, then, put it around me. "Wear it." he said.

"T-thank you." I said and immediately wear it. I don't know, but he's being kind all of a sudden. Now, I feel a little warmer.

"Let's talk. This way, you'll forget your fear, even if it's just for a minute." he suggested.

"S-sure. Then, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

He looks around first, maybe checking others and the hollows with us if they're watching us.