CHAPTER 2.1: CONTINUATION

..........

I woke up having a mild head ache.
I remember all that happened.

He didn't force me to come with him. What I just remember is he made me look into his eyes and heard some whispers that told me I should come with him. I felt weak, I felt voiceless.

I didn't know I fell asleep, and suddenly I woke up in a dark room. It's not my room but someone else's. It's larger than my room in grandpa's house. And as I can see, the bed is so wide and pretty much like a queen sized bed, not to mention the chandelier above, as if the owner of this room is a rich man.

But if my kidnapper is rich and doesn't want any money, why would he do this?

I wish to go away from the bed immediately, but I heard a click sound from the twisting doorknob.

The door cricks open and reveals a man wearing a black long-sleeved hoody shirt and a white pants. Before he noticed me, I immediately pretend to be still sleeping.

I feel like he's staring at me. I could hear his footsteps as he walks towards me, his every step swifts and resounds on the floor. I was so nervous when the sound of his step became closer and closer, until it stopped.

Suddenly, his body weighed beside my bed. He sat there for a minute. I don't know what he will do. I'm scared that I feel my heart is going to burst open.

"Allison.." he suddenly called with a shallow voice, and I nearly jolted so hard, my heart pounding terribly. He knows me?

I felt that he bent to check me if I'm asleep and with a sudden decision, I immediately went away from him.

He was shocked by knowing that I'm not asleep anymore. Then, he looked at me in the eyes with a dull expression.

It's a bit dark, but, I could tell how my kidnapper looks like when my eyes are adjusted to the dim light. He's tall, masculine and has a light skin. His hair covers his forehead and his eyes are very alluring.

He stood beside the bed, while I'm in a corner. He tried to sat down again and move closer to me.

"How come it's you?" he asked with a cold expression.

Speechless. I couldn't stop myself from looking at him, like I was enchanted.

I need to say something.

"Wh-who are you? Why am I here?" I asked nervously. My voice seems to break the silence I had.
He suddenly grabbed my hand but I look away and immediately ran out from the bed towards the other far corner of the room.

"Get away from me!.. Tell me, why am I here and who are you?!" I asked blatantly.

He didn't answered for a moment.

He's just looking at my direction. So, I asked again. "Where's my grandpa? My parents? Did you do something to them?"

The more he doesn't move nor even speak, the more I get so nervous. At a distance, I could imagine him keeping a knife in his hand and ready to kill me. Even if he looks normal, he still might be a potential criminal or worst, a killer.

He moves swiftly and walks towards me again.

I could feel the sweat on my brows and forehead, and my hands are cold. That's how nervous I am.

"Get back!" I started to say. "Stop! Don't come any closer! I'm warning you!"

I pretended to be brave and warned him. I actually saw that he forgot to close the door and it was slightly open.

I'm thinking to ran towards there to escape, but I'm also thinking if it's possible that he has an accomplice. So, if I ran there I might be caught easily. What should I do?

His voice suddenly cut my thoughts and I'm a bit shock that he's already closer than his distance from me a while back.

He sat at the edge of the bed, facing me. "Allison .. that's your name isn't it?" he asked.

"You know my name? How did you know my name?"

"Are you afraid that I might hurt you?" he answered with a question. He read my mind.

My heart begins to throb so loud. I'm so nervous to say something. If I could only go closer to that door!

Then, he suddenly glanced at the slightly opened door that overwhelmed me more with terror.

"If you're trying to escape, I'm warning you.. I assure you, you'll die in just a split of second." he said without blinking nor wavering. Is he just threatening me?

For a moment, his eyes gleamed, the door suddenly shut itself close, then, I look back at him.

What a strange atmosphere he's giving! He gives me creeps.

"But.. I-- I didn't do anything wrong. Why did you kidnapped me?" I uttered.

"You're not sure about that.. " he said as he stood up and walked towards me.

Before I say anything or move away, he already cornered me against the wall. His two hands are blocking me.

"Even if you didn't do anything, it wouldn't help you escape. You see.. this place is different and very far from your home.." he says it like whispers in my ears. I can hardly breathe because of fear.

I need to show that I'm not afraid.

"A-- Are you going to.. kill me?.. H--here?" I asked, stuttering.

He looked at me with an intent of doing something. Then, he suddenly clenched his hand around my neck and chokes me. I could feel his strong grip. His jaw tenses, his eyes wild in rage. I try to remove his hand, but I can't.

"S--stop! Please.. I'm-- begging you!" I struggled to say, holding his hand. He didn't answered.

He raises his arm and I feel the air under my feet. This man is lifting me with one hand.

He chokes me with full vigor. I can't breathe. All I can do is to cry with my eyes, pleading for mercy.

I feel my body, trembling. I'm losing it. My breath is almost leaving me. I'm going to die.

I'm going to die..