CHAPTER 28: STRANGE

"Two strings are tied in one bind just Iike the cycle of death and life, bound in one's existence. Every reason will encompass at the end of every purpose. But, it’s not even started yet.."

----------------------------------------------------------

The event at the burial inside the Union Lodge makes the sky so dark and gloomy for Orthyl and his adopted family.

Orthyl is so convinced that there is a traitor inside them. But, he doesn’t know who. The Branch leader, Ceres, and his son and daughter believe that it is Erin. They also believe that Allison knows about it. They simply don’t trust the two outsiders.

Benhar cried and asked her mother, “What should we do now? Father is dead. What will happen to us and the Union?”

His heart is tearing apart by how the events turned out. Poor child, he has been in his father’s care since the day his brother left. Thitus is the one teaching him how to fight by the way the Branches fight.

And he knows what responsibility his father has left. He’s been thinking about who’s going to lead the Union. Thitus is the father and the heart of this rebellion against the governing powers of the Council. This is all that which troubles the mind of many.

“This is your brother’s fault! Promise me you’ll never listen to him or to anyone but me!” Seilah replied while watching the few Branches with them, closing the ground where Thitus’s coffin was laid down.

He looked around first before answering. He is confused why her mother said that since everyone has been good to him.

There are the few wives, and children, who are also his friends there, remained there to pay for respect and condolences for the deceased leader. They are mourning so much for him and for the family he left.

“Did you hear me?” his mother asked again.

“Yes mother… I will..” Benhar replied, unwillingly. He looked at his brother.

Seilah noticed that Benhar is staring at his stepbrother, so, she forced his son to look at her. She grabbed his chin upward and steadied his eyes to her. “Good, because I will never let you get through the same fate with your father... So, you need to stay away from your stepbrother and his friends!” Seilah whispered.

Benhar just nodded, though her mother's reasoning is still  unclear. She's teaching him to hate his stepbrother. Seilah rubbed her son’s head and hugged him, her sharp eyes are observing the other Branches there.

Orthyl is in deep thought of who the real culprit is and how he is supposed to find him. Or, is it really Erin because he is against what his father wants. He knows that Thitus knew about Allison’s secret and he wants Erin to unleash the mark on him that trapped her powers and memories.

His memories of Thitus flashed back on him.

..........

"This is good, father! From all these years, your fighting skills never change, even without an eyesight!" Orthyl said, pushing Thitus's sword away with his blade.