CHAPTER 22: THE AGONIZING PAST

Before I even know it, my own body decided to ran and become Thitus's shield. I just want to stop them and I literally shout the word 'stop' at him when I came infront of Thitus.

But then, Erin retracts. His eyes made contact to mine. And in just a millisecond, I saw that he was so surprised about what I did.

A blast of wind swirled around in between us to stop and overcome Erin's full blow at me. It must be because he was so shocked.

I felt it on my skin, my hair waved in the air literally, like it wants to leave my head already. It's going to blow my hair dry, or might blow me away too if I'm too light-weighted. Luckily, I ate so much these days.

I covered my face with my arms.

I heard Thitus groaned too with that strong gust of wind. I felt him behind me as the hot flames on his hands were blown away, then, he used his hands to cover himself too.

I opened my eyes when I felt it's done. And I gasped in astonishment on what that wild wind left us.

The wooden walls of the cabin, the furnitures, the roof, everything is in wreckage. The only thing that was left unbroken is where we are standing.

His power also created a big hole to a wall on my left, straight ahead to some trees nearby. Did he forced himself to divert his assault there?!

"Y-you're crazy!!" I blunted. "Will you really kill him just to hide that secret?!"

I checked Thitus if he's okay. He's touching his shoulder. It's bleeding.

Then, I looked back at Erin. He's standing there, breathing heavily. His sword vanished in thin air, then, he glared at me.

"You should not have interfered!!" he shouted in anger. "What if I wasn't able to stop that strike?!!--"

"Then, you should've not done that on the first place!"

He walked closer and said, "I need to put a fight!.. You just don't know what will happen if I ever give you what you want! I won't definitely give your powers back!"

He's a man of words, a thick-headed hollow!

"You know what? I'm tired of you controlling me!" I point my fingers on his chest while saying that. "I want my own life!! I want to know everything I need to know! If you're really wise and strong, you would not be so selfish and coward of whatever result this will give me!"

He's a bit taken aback. He didn't speak for a moment and he just looked away.

"Allison.." Thitus suddenly called. "Others will come by here any minute. They must have seen the strong gust of wind here from the training field. They will definitely accuse the both of you. You need to leave before they arrive. It'll be hard to cover you up when they found you both here with me!" he said as he struggles to push me away.

"O-okay, but.." I paused and looked at Erin, then, back at him.

"How are you going to explain what happened here?"

"It's already up to me. All hollows here respect me. If they ever find out that one of you tried to kill me or even hurt me, they won't think twice to get rid of you. Now, you should leave. Just go somewhere far from here!"

"A-alright. Thank you, Thitus." I said.

Before, we could even leave, he called Erin.

Erin stops to hear what Thitus wants to say, without looking back.