teach me your ways

a/n hello lovelies, hope you're all feeling well <3
this was suggested to me by Cecesmileyfaces

summary: harry needs helps with writing an essay. louis is more than willing to help his boyfriend.

*not famous, college au*

*everyone's the same age*

harry's pov

"hazza!" louis calls. i smile and turn around.

"what's up?" i blush as he reaches me and pecks my lips.

"i won't see you till the end of the day and i just wanted a kiss," he pouts and plays with my hand.

i smile brightly, my dimples on show. louis and i have been dating for almost six months now, and i still can't believe i get to call him my own.

"well i have to go to english, i'll see you after classes," i kiss him sweetly before giving him an innocent smirk and walking to miss kay's class.

~~~

"welcome, students," she greets us once we're all seated. she quickly takes attendance and frowns when she sees the empty seat beside me. "horan's late again?"

"yeah, i d-" i start to make an excuse when niall rushes into the room, fixing his shirt and breathing heavily.

"i'm here," niall flicks his hair and sits down beside me. he ignores the stares everyone gives him and immediately starts making a paper airplane with a scrap paper from his backpack.

miss kay stands in front of niall's desk and clears her throat. "mr horan?"

niall jumps and looks up, "oh, hi miss kay," he smiles, nods, and continues making his airplane.

"why were you late?" she asks pointedly.

"huh? oh- uhh you saw that?" he tries to thinks of an excuse, but it seems he can't. "i made you a paper airplane," he smiles and hands her the origami piece, but not without a wink.

"keep the crumpled paper, and see me after class," she sighs. "anyways, i want you all to think about something that you are passionate about. now keep that thing in your brain," she walks around while we all think about something we're passionate about. "niall, why don't you tell the class what you're thinking of?"

"well, miss kay, i am very passionate about my girlfriend," niall spins a pencil in between his fingers.

"that's great, but i want you to think deeper, i want you to think about something that isn't a person - or a place," she walks around and everyone stays silent, interested in where she's going with this. "i want you to think of something that needs a change, like a campaign or an issue. i want you to think about how you would like to make a change with this, how this change would affect people. whether that be yourself, your friends, your family - or maybe the entire world," miss kay sits on the edge of her desk and gives us a moment while we think about the topic. "now that you all have your topic, i want you to start jotting down ideas and thoughts on a scrap paper, or if you don't have a topic yet keep brainstorming," she smiles and nods for us to go.

"wait, miss kay?" emma raises her hand from the back of the class. the teacher nods and emma continues, "so, do you think i can use women's rights as a topic?"

"for sure! as long as it's something you're passionate about," miss kay hops off the desk and starts walking around, emma nods excitedly and starts writing stuff down.