harry's birthday

a/n i'm trying to write this during gym class with negative 2 wifi bars and a dog that wont fucking stop farting.

when i release this it will hopefully be feb 1 , so in that case happy birthday hazza i love you <3

BUT ALSO IT'S ANTHA'S BIRTHDAY ON FEB 5th HAPPY early BIRTHDAY MON ÉTOILE <33333
sammystylinson_28 ⭐️

summary: if you haven't figured that out already then i suggest you get help

*also please pretend that this was written where covid doesnt exist, or where the restrictions have been lifted because i want people to be over at their house 🧍🏼‍♀️

~~~

louis' pov

"thank you so much," i smile for the first time in this building. i'm just getting harry's birthday present and then i'll be headed home for his actual birthday tomorrow.

he just nods his head stiffly and shakes my hand for the final time. as soon as i leave the building, i have to keep myself from jumping with glee. harry's gonna love his present, i'm sure of it.

the drive back, i blast my favourite tunes and happily sing out loud with a massive smile on my face the entire time. a kiwi jam out session may or may not have happened.

when i walk inside, harry is napping on the couch. his lanky body curled up in a ball, covered with his pink blanket. i want to run over and hug him breathless, but i figure this is the perfect time to hide his gift. i hastily find an envelope, stuffing it in hiding it in my nightstand, where i pray harry won't look.

i walk back downstairs and lift harry's head gently, so i can sit down and hold him at the same time. i play with his curls and he starts to wake up, i coo as he rubs his eyes and yawns.

"mmm, you're back?" he smiles and grabs for my free hand, holding it in his massive one and kissing my knuckles.

"yeah, i got your gift. i'm very excited."

"you didn't have to get me anything, lou," he fiddles with my fingers.

"no, you're gonna love it. i only got you one thing but it's absolutely perfect," i smile down at him, leaning forwards to kiss his nose.

"i can't believe i'm gonna be 27 tomorrow," he sighs almost sadly. i pet his hair sweetly and he looks up at me.

"yep. you're gonna be 27 baby," he groans and stuffs his head in my stomach, making me chuckle and pat his head.

"i'm hungry," he says after a while, laying face up.

"i have some dick you can eat," i smirk.

harry chokes on air, "LOU-" he laughs and hides his head back into my stomach again. "i'm actually hungry. maybe later though," he says innocently, hopping off the couch and skips to the kitchen. he's so fucking perfect. how did i get so lucky?

i sit on the counter and admire my boy as he works his way around the kitchen, skillfully making some salad crap. while we eat, we cuddle on the couch and watch reruns of friends and make fun of the characters' stupidity (and try to ignore the fact we aren't much smarter - especially when we were in the band.)

by the time we're sleeping, i've made sure harry knows just how much i love him, in the bed, in the shower.... on the counters in the kitchen. i love this man with my whole heart and soul. he has his arms wrapped around my waist and his nose tucked into my chest, steady breaths tickling just above my heart.

"goodnight angel. happy birthday," i whisper before dozing off completely, holding him close. i think about his gift and smile in my sleep, it's the perfect present.