the fakest, realest winter wedding & christmas eve party

a/n happy holidays. i'm starting this christmas eve eve because christmas didnt seem real this year.

im working on 3 different one shots right now and none of them are close to being finished because i'm not trying very hard.

ANYWAYS, happy holidays!!! again!! i hope your winter break is going great and that its not too cold (there's a blizzard rn its great) enjoyyyyyy :)

SuMMARY: fake dating trope squished into a short timeline
>> stfu its another au they're way more fun

LOUIS' pov 🦔

christmas is not the happiest time of the year. it is the most stressful, lonely and desperate time of the year. and it's really, really bloody cold.

i'm walking home from the park, because i figured a nice holiday walk might bring me some cheer when in reality, the only thing i've been gifted is two sets of frozen solid fingers and a runny nose.

my phone starts to ring and i fumble with it for a moment before being able to lift it to my ear.

"hullo?" i grunt into the phone.

"you're coming to my party right?" it's niall, my best friend and the worst phone greeter ever.

"happy christmas to you too," i say.

"christmas isn't till sunday," niall says back. "are you coming to my party? i know you said you would but you always bail. also, just a warning but dominic is gonna be there."

ew. dominic is my ex boyfriend. we were dating for two years when he broke up with me over the phone with the words, 'i think i'm straight now.'

"ugh are you joking?" i reply. i sniffle obnoxiously and sigh. i can see my flat in the distance and hurry up my walking.

"no, i'm sorry. can you please try and make it. maybe you can show d-bag and his fiancée how much better you are single!" niall's upbeat tone does not match my feelings towards this situation.

"he has a bloody fiancée?!" i say much louder than publicly respectable, and a lady walking her terrier gives me an odd look.

finally at my building, i enter the warmth and wait for my hands to unfreeze.

"yes, which isn't the point. you've been doing so much better lately! you haven't binged every episode of an entire show over the course of a weekend in ages!"

'ages' in this equation is equal to two weeks.

"niall.... i dunno. i don't wanna go single. i don't wanna see his smug face when he sees that the only thing i've gained is eye bags and a poor appetite." i unlock my flat and shove my trainers off clumsily. then i step in a puddle of snow that i trekked in and take my socks off too. i throw myself onto the sofa and wrap myself in the blanket that resides there.

"that's okay, i have a friend i can set you up with. he's been looking for a boo!" niall exclaims.

"oh my god, never say that again. and the last time you set me up with one of your friends, he tried to eat my pet fish," i say.

niall sighs through the phone. "that was a friend of a friend. this is a totally different situation. just give him a shot! please! pretty please, with a cherry on top?" i can hear the pouty lip and puppy dog eyes through the phone. i groan.

"fiiiiine," i agree reluctantly.

"yay, thank you soo much! i'm gonna send you his number. or maybe i'll just make it a blind date...?"

"give me the fucking number, niall." i pinch the bridge of my nose like how my mum would whenever i walked into the kitchen with muddy boots.

"ooh, he's feisty!"