Chapter 43

Kara smiled when she opened the door of her apartment to find Lena standing there.

"I've been summoned?" Lena asked with a chuckle.

"You have because I need someone with actual design sense to help me with wedding plans." Kara said.

"And I'm assuming that your husband/fiance does not count." Lena asked.

"Rao no. Mon-El has many great qualities, but helping out with this is not one of them." Kara said.

"Well, I'm glad that you're asking for my input, since it is my money that is going to be paying for it." Lena said.

"Lena, you don't have to do that. With all the revenue Danvers Daily News is bringing in, I can pay for it myself." Kara said.

"What sort of bride pays for her own wedding? Besides Kara, I want to do it. Consider it both one of my gifts to you and also my way of apologizing for how I acted on the old earth." Lena said.

"You know I forgave you for that." Kara said.

"I know, but still." Lena said and Kara chuckled.

"Okay fine, if you insist." Kara said.

"Good, but before we get started on all that, there is something else I need to talk to you about." Lena said.

"Oh, is this where I get the details of your date with Andrea?" Kara asked, since Lena had come out to the rest of the Superfriends shortly after she had to Alex.

"We'll get to that shortly, but no. This is about Sam." Lena said.

"What about her?" Kara asked, desperately hoping that it wasn't what she thought this conversation was going to be about.

"She and Ruby are arriving in National City this weekend, but what really concerns me is that it sounds like Sam is Reign." Lena said.

"We knew this was a possibility with the universe getting a reset. Do you still remember how to make the harun-el?" Kara asked and Lena nodded.

"The only place that formula exists is in my mind, since we decided that it was too risky to have any of that stuff lying around after we cured Alex, but I knew that we'd still need it for Sam and the others." Lena said.

"Maybe we won't. Brainy sent us to the Valley of Juru once, who's to say that he can't do it again? Especially since this time, I'll be at full strength." Kara said.

"True, but Kara, how are you even going to get there, since it sounds like you no longer have a connection to the valley and using Harun-El is out of the question, since we can't risk creating another Red Daughter situation. The only way for Brainy to get us to the valley is if we have someone who already has a connection to it and like it or not, Sam is the only one who does." Lena said.

"And you want to put her through all that again?" Kara asked.

"No, of course not, but Kara, we do we really have a choice. Waking Sam up might be the only way to make sure that Reign never emerges." Lena said.

"I think that we should run this by Brainy before we do anything else, since this is sort of his wheelhouse." Kara said and Lena nodded in agreement as they began looking over plans for the wedding.

"I'm afraid that Lena is correct. There is no way for me to send you to the Valley of Juru without something or someone who has a connection to it and since it appears that Kara's connection to is gone and we cannot use Harun-El, I'm afraid that Sam is our only option and that requires having her consent and I'm afraid that the only way we can get it is by restoring her memories." Brainy told the whole team after they'd been brought up to speed on what was going on.

"Well, I guess on the bright side, now I'll have a reason to put Sam and Ruby on the invite list for my wedding. Think it can wait until after they've gotten all moved in this weekend?" Kara asked and Brainy nodded.

"It will take me sometime to properly calibrate the systems on the Legion ship for this anyways." Brainy said.

"Lena, Winn, you two help him with that, since I want as many of us to be able to go to the Valley with Sam as possible, since we'll be going up against all three worldkillers in the valley." Kara said and the whole team nodded in agreement.