Chapter 9

I know some of you might be surprised by the way I wrote the last chapter, but honestly, I was just trying to capture some of that classic Lex Luthor evil. The hilarious arrowverse version will be returning soon. Hope it wasn't too dark for you guys. The story will be returning to its usual mood in this chapter.

When J'onn and Alex arrived, Alex rushed over to Lena's side.

"How is she?" Kara asked.

"She's lost a lot of blood, but since you acted in time, she should pull through." Alex said as she began running a more thorough exam of Lena while J'onn took a look at the other three people who were unconscious in the room.

"So, Lex Luthor and Mercy and Otis Graves. Quite a haul." J'onn said.

"This might be our only chance for you to wipe Lex's memories of the old multiverse and give us a chance to stop him before he has a chance to try and take over the country." Kara said and J'onn nodded as he walked up to Lex.

"Wait, wouldn't Lex have likely found a way to shield himself against J'onn's powers?" Nia pointed out.

"She's right. I'm going over plans in Lex's personal archive in the Luthor Corp mainframe and he's developed a psychic shield specifically designed to protect him against J'onn's powers. It'll take some time to shut down, even if I was on site." Winn said over the comms.

"Actually, I'll be fine." J'onn said.

"How do you know?" Kara asked.

"When Lex created that device, he likely didn't take Mar Novu into his equation." J'onn said.

"What does the Monitor have to do with anything?" Alex asked.

"Aren't you curious on how I was able to restore Superman's memories?" J'onn asked.

"Novu enhanced your powers didn't he?" Kara realized and J'onn nodded.

"Nothing too dangerous, but it was similar to when he restored Cisco's powers during the crisis. He enhanced my powers to the point that they would work on Kryptonians, though it was mainly so that I could restore Superman's memories. He did it shortly after I left National City." J'onn explained.

"So you think you can bypass Lex's shield?" Alex asked.

"Considering the fact that I'm able to read his mind right now, yes." J'onn confirmed as he placed his hand on Lex's temple and his eyes glowed as he accessed Lex's mind. While it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be and without the additional power Novu had given him, J'onn knew he wouldn't have been able to accomplish this, but he managed to break through Lex's mental defenses and proceeded to wipe every memory he had of Supergirl's identity, the Superfriends, the DEO and the old multiverse. Not exactly an easy feat, since it was clear that while Lex's defenses were not strong enough to keep him out, they did put up one hell of a fight until finally, the device overloaded due to not being able to handle J'onn's psychic energy and he was able to finish the job.

When he was finished, J'onn fell to his knees as Kara and Nia rushed to his side.

"J'onn, are you okay?" Kara asked.

"Yeah, that experience was just more draining than I thought it would be. But it's done. I've wiped Lex's mind completely clean of the old multiverse. Thankfully, it appears that Novu gave him the memories of his counterpart on this earth as well, so he'll still have those to go on." J'onn said and Kara nodded as she turned to Alex.

"How's Lena?" Kara asked.

"I've done everything I can to help her, but considering how much blood she lost, we need to get her to the hospital for a blood transfusion." Alex said and Kara nodded.

"I'll take her. Call National City General, let them know they've got an incoming knife stab victim." Kara said as she picked Lena up and flew out of the apartment via the terrace.

After she dropped Lena off at National City General and making sure that she was well taken care of, she returned to her apartment to find her aunt waiting for her.

"Where were you?" Astra asked.

"I was helping a friend. I just took her to the nearest hospital." Kara said.

"Is your friend okay?" Astra asked.

"She will be." Kara said, since Lena was currently receiving blood transfusions.

"What happened?" Astra asked.

"Her brother, who happens to be one of Kal-El's greatest enemies, tried to kill her." Kara said.

"Then why isn't he in prison? Your mother would have him sent to Fort Rozz in a heartbeat." Astra said.

"Huh, that's an idea." Kara said, wondering why they'd never thought of just sending Lex into the Phantom Zone. She'd have to talk to Clark about that later.

"Kara." Astra said.

"Sorry. But it's not that simple. Right now Lex Luthor is seen by the public as a beloved figure. Kal-El has been trying to get proof for years of Lex's villainy and before you start talking about this incident, one thing Earth and Krypton have in common is corruption in politics. Part of why he's been able to get away with everything he has is because Kal is certain that he has people in the government on this planet. Not to mention, he's rich and the rich have a tendency to buy their way out of trouble. We need incontrovertible proof of Lex's atrocities in order for him to be unable to get his way out of it. We'd also need to expose his corruption in the government." Kara explained and Astra nodded.

"Kara, speaking of crimes and the government, we both know it's only a matter of time until the government of his country comes for me." Astra said and Kara sighed.

"But you haven't done anything wrong on this planet. They have no grounds to take you into custody." Kara said.

"You know that won't matter to the people of your government. I'm an escapee from Fort Rozz. It won't matter that I haven't done anything wrong yet, I'm an alien and not just any kind of alien." Astra said.

"You're a kryptonian." Kara said and Astra nodded.

"Having an alien that's the same species as Kal-El will be too great of an opportunity for them to pass up." Astra said.

"And I will burn them alive if they try to take you from me." Kara said.

"No, that will only brand you a criminal." Astra said.

"Aunt Astra, I promise, I will protect you." Kara said.

"No Kara. I can tell that you are meant for great things on this planet. Things that you cannot accomplish if I am here weighing you down." Astra said.

"I lost you once. I can't lose you again." Kara said.

"It is not for you and I to decide." Astra said.

"My sister works for the organization that would likely be taking you into custody. I'm sure I could talk to her." Kara said.

"Kara, please, I don't want to cause you any trouble." Astra said.

"I'm not going to give up. Besides, I think you're forgetting something." Kara said.

"Really, what might that be?" Astra asked.

"You have information that the government will want. They work out those sort of deals with humans all the time, I'm sure that they'd be willing to work out some kind of deal with you." Kara said.

"And you forget that there are also those in this government that don't believe that those laws should apply to people who are nonhumans." Astra said.

"I'm still going to talk to her." Kara said, since she knew that Alex and J'onn would both agree to the deal and she also knew that she'd never allow General Lane to touch her aunt this time around.