Chapter 8

When Kara returned to her apartment that night, she was surprised when she heard someone already inside due to her super hearing. However, instead of just rushing in, Kara used her x-ray vision to see who was inside and when she saw who it was, she nearly squealed with joy and relief as she entered her apartment to find her aunt waiting for her.

"Hello Little One." Astra said and Kara smiled.

"Aunt Astra. How, I thought you were on Fort Rozz." Kara said.

"How did you know I was a prisoner there?" Astra asked, shocked, since she didn't think Alura would tell Kara the truth.

"I kept asking mom why you stopped visiting until she finally told me what happened. Everything. Including Myriad." Kara said.

"So you know that I was trying to save Krypton." Astra said.

"You might've saved the actual planet, but you lost sight of the fact that Krypton is not just a planet, it's a people. It's an ideal. And I think that if you'd succeeded with using Myriad on Krypton, it still would've died, just not the planet." Kara said.

"What do you mean?" Astra asked, not understanding.

"You wouldn't have just been taking away people's free will, you'd be taking away their emotions. Their ability to recognize each other." Kara said.

"Kara, I was trying to save you." Astra said.

"I know. You once told me that you couldn't love more than if Rao had given you a child of your own. Well if you'd gone through with your plan, then you still would've lost me, because I wouldn't even recognize you. No one would've recognized anyone. The planet might've survived, though honestly, considering how far along the damage was by the time people finally woke up and realized what we were doing to our planet, I doubt that it would've worked. Krypton was too far gone to be saved. But anyways, I wouldn't recognize you anymore. And honestly, I'm not even sure if you'd recognize me. You'd lose the very person you claim to have been doing this for." Kara said, trying desperately to get through to her, since she didn't want to lose her again due to them being on opposite sides of this fight and she could tell that she was succeeding.

"I was trying to save our home." Astra said, since while deep down, she knew that Kara was right, but she didn't want to admit that she was wrong.

"Aunt Astra, please, this planet is not as far gone as Krypton was. We can find another way to save this planet from Krypton's fate. A better way." Kara said.

"Kara, I can't leave. If I do, then Non will take over my forces and he will not be as understanding. And worse, he will likely blame you for making me weak. I can't put a target on your back like that." Astra said.

"I did that the moment I put that S on. Both Kal-El's enemies and the prisoners my mother sent to Fort Rozz will be after me. I knew that the moment I put on that S. But instead of trying to shelter from this, train me in how to fight." Kara said, since her aunt had been one of the best warriors in the military guild and Astra nodded, finally accepting that her niece was right. Myriad was not the way.

"I am still a fugitive on this planet." Astra said.

"I know the man in charge of the organization that would likely be in charge of taking you into custody. I'm sure I can convince him to work out a deal for you." Kara said, since she knew that both J'onn and Alex would be very agreeable to this, since she also wanted to see if J'onn could restore her aunt's memories, since he'd managed to restore Clark's, not that she knew how he'd been able to do that, but still.

Astra smiled at her.

"Even if you can't, the time we'll have before I get sent back to prison will be enough." Astra said as she hugged her little one again and Kara actually felt like she was a child again, finding so much comfort in her aunt's arms as she wondered whether or not her mother and Argo existed on this earth as well.