Chapter 2

After J'onn left her apartment, Kara decided to go flying to clear her head and also give her time to think about all of the new changes to her life, since she needed to process everything and flying had always helped her calm down and clear her mind, which was something she really needed right now. So that was why she was currently flying in the upper atmosphere, too high for planes to see her and too fast for any satellites to track her.

As she flew, Kara did her best to make sense of her new memories. A majority of her life was relatively the same. It wasn't really until after she graduated from college that things changed. Apparently in this reality, Cat had decided to build Catco in Coast City instead of National City and while Kara had worked at Catco for two years, the first one as Cat's assistant and then the second as a junior reporter, she'd been fired by Snapper Carr for blogging without his permission about things he wouldn't let her write articles about. However, instead of giving up, Kara's doppelganger had decided to move to National city and start her own media outlet so that she could write the stories she wanted to. Something Kara honestly wished she'd done herself in the old world.

Anyways, Kara was driven out of her thoughts when her phone, not sure how she got reception this high up, rang.

"Hello?" Kara asked.

"Hey Kara, where are you?" Alex asked.

"Flying, I needed to clear my head." Kara said.

"Well can you meet me at your office? There's something we need to discuss." Alex said.

"Yeah, sure I'll meet you there." Kara said as she hung up and quickly searched for memories for the location of her office to find that it was actually the location of where J'onn's old office had been.

"So, you're the boss now." Alex said when her sister arrived.

"Yeah I'm kind of wishing I'd done this the first time Snapper fired me, but I didn't want to have to compete in the same city as Catco. That's not a problem anymore." Kara said as she hugged Alex.

"Well, at least now you're able to write about what you want to write about." Alex said.

"Yeah, just wish I had more people willing to read what I have to say." Kara said and Alex smiled.

"Well, I'm sure once Supergirl makes her debut, that will change, since I assume that Danvers Daily News will be the only outlet to get exclusives with her." Alex asked.

"Yep and not just Supergirl. The Daily Planet can have Superman, but over the next few weeks, I'm guessing several other heroes will make their debut. The Flash, Green Arrow, Batwoman. Why stop with just one hero when I can get exclusives with them all. I'm gonna try to take my outlet and expand it beyond National City. I can open an office in Central City that I'm sure Iris will be more than happy to take over once J'onn restores her memories, and then I can also open offices in Star City and Gotham City." Kara said.

"Sounds pretty ambitious sis." Alex said and Kara smiled.

"New world, new ambitions. I want to create a national media outlet and the fastest way I can do that is by getting exclusives with every hero I can. Especially since Oliver, Barry and Kate are three of my closest friends, since I know that they all have their memories." Kara said and Alex smiled.

"I'm proud of you sis. Now that you're the boss, I think you might be turning into a nicer, less fashionable version of Cat Grant." Alex said.

"Wow, that was almost a compliment." Kara said.

"Very funny. But anyways, when are you going to put the cape back on?" Alex asked.

"Once I find someone to make my suit." Kara said.