Chapter 11-20

Chapter 11: Hate Them All

The times now were unlike the times before Qiao Nan's rebirth where people usually paid with hundred yuan big bills. Looking at the stash of money in her hands, the smallest denomination was only one cent, and even the largest denomination was only one yuan.

Qiao Nan counted the bills, it actually added up to a little more than ten yuan.

In the late 80s to early 90s, the value of money was much higher, this ten yuan was worth so much more than one hundred yuan in the 21st century.

In her previous life, she had used this ten yuan to buy a pair of black leather western style shoes for Qiao Zijin, matched with a dress.

Qiao Zijin wore this outfit that she spent ten yuan on to the new high school.

In this life, she would not spend a single cent on Qiao Zijin anymore!

Qiao Nan went out with that "large amount of money"; Qiao Zijin could not stop her no matter what she did.

By the time Ding Jiayi reached home, Qiao Nan had already been away for more than an hour. Ding Jiayi wiped her hands and asked, "Where is Qiao Nan?"

Qiao Zijin had a look of worry on her face. "Mom, Nan Nan was looking for her secondary one and two textbooks today."

Ding Jiayi was lost for words.

"Nan Nan seemed to have guessed that you sold her textbooks. When she left just now, I wanted to stop her but I couldn't. Mom, do you think Nan Nan would go to look for Dad?"

This was very nerve racking for Qiao Zijin. Qiao Nan used to hate it when Dad and Mom quarreled because of her. But now why would she go to Dad for the most trivial things and cause them to get into an argument?

"I must have owed her in my previous life, and I had to pay the debts in this life!" Ding Jiayi took off the apron that she just put on and threw it on the floor out of spite. "In order to have her, your Dad and I lost our cradle-to-grave jobs. Your Dad used to be a company commander in the army and was about to be promoted to battalion commander, But all because of her, your Dad has nothing now! She ruined your Dad's career, and now she still wants to ruin your life?!"

Ding Jiayi really regretted having a second child.

If she had not had a second child, Old Qiao would definitely be a battalion commander by now, and she would be the wife of a battalion commander. As for her government job, although it was just simple chores, it was leisurely work.

Though without the second child, their family would not be the eye of envy of others, at least she would be able to hold her head up high in the quad.

The Qiao couple's future was completely ruined because of the second child. It was not wrong of her to say that she owed her younger daughter in her previous life!

She spent all those years bringing up the younger daughter, yet she was of no help at all. All she could do was to splurge and create troubles, causing a strain to her relationship with Old Qiao.

What sins had she committed to give birth to such a daughter?!

Qiao Zijin listened while Ding Jiayi raked up the old stories. It was a surprise that she kept quiet all along.

Actually deep down inside, Qiao Zijin hated Qiao Nan as much as Ding Jiayi. However, unlike Ding Jiayi, while she hated Qiao Nan for taking away her chance to be the daughter of a battalion commander, she also hated her parents Qiao Dongliang and Ding Jiayi.

Why did they need a second child? Why did they need a boy? Weren't they happy with her?

If Qiao Nan had been a boy, her mother would definitely do everything for him, including spending all the money, not to mention losing her cradle-to-grave job.