Chapter 1061-1070

Chapter 1061 Don't Be Taken Advantage of

Upon hearing that, Shi Qing rolled her eyes continuously. "He is so foolish. What kind of person is Qiao Zijin? Don't tell me that he still can't tell clearly now? Brother Zhai was the one who prepared the dowry for you. However, on your wedding day, when people see the generous spread of dowry, will the Zhai family publicize that they were the ones who provided them? That they are putting up an appearance for you since the Qiao family can't afford any dowry?"

Shi Qing really took her hat off to Qiao Dongliang. "In the past, you said I don't know how to manage interpersonal matters. You taught and chided me. Compared to Uncle Qiao, I can become a veteran master."

Qiao Nan covered herself tightly with her blanket and laughed. "If we swap Qiao Zijin with someone else, my dad will definitely come to his senses immediately."

Those items were prepared by Brother Zhai to keep up an appearance for her father and her. Of course, this situation must not be let known to outsiders.

Furthermore, sometimes, the truth did not matter. Most importantly, it was what some people wished to see.

The dowry that Brother Zhai prepared for her was so generous. The day that Qiao Zijin married Chen Jun, they would be in for a good show if her father could not cough up all these items.

Regarding this situation, Qiao Nan did not wish to remind Qiao Dongliang anymore. This was because she knew that Qiao Dongliang would not believe her. He might even turn around and reprimand her for thinking of Qiao Zijin in that way.

Qiao Nan really felt despaired about Qiao Dongliang, her father.

Life was an outcome of one's own doings. Did she have to keep her father company by the side and help him keep a watch forever?

It was not feasible.

Upon figuring this out, just as how she felt about Qiao Zijin, Qiao Nan also lost all her hopes on Qiao Dongliang.

It was Qiao Nan's school holidays but she did not stay at home. Qiao Dongliang was already used to this situation. He had been through it for the past half a year.

When he recalled that Ding Jiayi and Qiao Zijin stayed in Qiao Nan's room last night, he vaguely felt that something was not right. He seemed to have gone overboard in allowing that.

Sigh. Old Ding and Zijin also deserved it. They just had to provoke Nan Nan.

Most of the time, Nan Nan was not a petty person. One just had to look at how Nan Nan treated Shi Qing.

Nan Nan treated Shi Qing much better than she did Zijin. This meant that the way Zijin treated Nan Nan was not any better than how an outsider did.

Lying on the bed in the dark and dim room, Qiao Dongliang also began to do some self-reflection.

He wanted to help but his elder daughter would not cooperate. She had to continuously provoke his younger daughter. Even if he had the will, he lacked enthusiasm and power.

Well, if his elder daughter could behave well next time, he would help her put in some good words to the younger daughter then.

Of course, if something similar to what happened during the day occurred again, no matter how pleasant the elder daughter's words, he would not be able to intervene in the matters between his two daughters.

Recently, Chen Jun would enquire about Qiao Zijin's situation every day. Without exception, he called Qiao Zijin today. "Did your mom and you stay in your father's house yesterday on the day before the eve of Lunar New Year?"