Chapter 331-340

Chapter 331: Zhai Sheng, the Silly Fool

Maybe in a year, or half a year, or even a month, Brother Zhai might meet a person he really liked, and he would realize that his affection for her was that of the care and concern for one's relatives and younger sister.

Brother Zhai had helped her so much. If he could find his happiness, she would be more than willing to let go. She hoped that Brother Zhai could be with someone he really liked.

However, she was human as well. She also had feelings and would be hurt. She could let him go, but she was not sure whether she would be happy when the time came.

Zhai Sheng had the same expression as Qiao Nan. Both of them were frowning, deep in thought. "Nan Nan, you seem to distrust me very much, and you don't believe what I said. Did you say we are not suitable because you already have someone you like, and that person isn't me? Nan Nan, one must be honest and fulfill their promises. You wrote in the letter that you will not start a relationship while you are still studying. Nan Nan, I am so disappointed in you."

Qiao Nan hugged her stomach, feeling a slight pain inside. "Brother Zhai, are you joking with me, or are you serious? You told me not to fall in love, not to start a relationship while I am still young, but you confessed your feelings to me and talked about marriage. If I agree, isn't that breaking my promise to you? Isn't that starting a relationship while I am still young?"

"Firstly, I was talking about relationships with other people. Secondly, I did not ask that you start a relationship with me. I wanted to be engaged to you."

Qiao Nan was rendered speechless by what Zhai Sheng said.

"Well, we have settled the previous two problems. What else do you find not suitable?"

"Yes!" Qiao Nan rubbed her stomach. "Your mom doesn't like me! Brother Zhai, you should know my relationship with your mother. We do not click, and we are just like enemies. I want to find a mother-in-law who can treat me like her biological daughter. Brother Zhai, you may not know. Auntie Miao doesn't like me. In fact, she dislikes me very much. I am not saying that she is biased. Indeed, the Zhai family is too outstanding. It is beyond my reach. I have never thought of becoming Cinderella. I am afraid that I will end up in the worst state. Brother Zhai, we are too far apart in terms of social status."

"Nan Nan, as a young woman and as a student, how can your thinking be so backward and feudal? Everyone is equal. The party and the chairman have said working class is the most glorious. Twenty years ago, the peasants had a high status in society. As a person living in modern society, how could you differentiate people based on their social class? Nan Nan, your way of thinking is too backward. You must be with me so that I can make a positive influence on you."

Qiao Nan was lost for words. She had a bitter smile on her face. "Brother Zhai, are you debating with me? You should know I didn't mean it that way."

She did not differentiate people based on their social class. It was this world and the society that discriminated people based on their social class.

It was a fact that Auntie Miao disliked her. Last time, when she saw that Auntie Miao's shoes were broken, she wanted to buy a new pair for her. However, Auntie Miao thought she was after her money instead.

If not for the fact that Auntie Miao was Brother Zhai's mother, when she encountered such an incident, she would not be so silly as to be humiliated by others.

"What does that mean? No matter what, you can tell me if you face any problem. We will solve it together." No matter how difficult the problems were, he could resolve them. He believed that he could win over the heart of his wife-to-be.