Chapter 1661-1670

Chapter 1661: Lacking

That was true. This indeed seemed like something his mom was capable of. "Don't worry. Your second brother may have gotten himself a girlfriend, but he's still as trustworthy as before. Do you really think that we have it easy in our line of work?" Zhai Yi rubbed his forehead. "Our workload is much heavier than yours at Peking University, and Zhai Xin is quite unlucky that he has a young girl clinging on to him now."

Zhai Xin was already suffering from being unable to get rid of that girl. How would he dare to touch even just a strand of that young lady's hair? He would have to take responsibility for that. From then on, Er Bao would not get a chance to dump this young lady for his entire life! "Don't worry. Zhai Xin takes this matter more seriously than we do. As long as there's a chance for him to break up with her, he'll do so immediately."

Just the thought of Zhai Xin's girlfriend made Zhai Yi's headache too.

Before that young lady had become Zhai Xin's girlfriend, Zhai Yi had the impression that he had bumped into her in school before.

Zhai Xin was a conscientious student who had no interest in dating in university, so he never paid any attention to girls or anyone his age. Zhai Yi's standard was even deeper than Zhai Xin's. Zhai Yi, who had a brilliant memory, had one problem: he could never remember that young lady's face.

He had only met a young lady a few days ago, but a few days later, Zhai Yi could no longer recognize her. Neither could he recall her name and identity to say hello. Thus, he settled for a slight nod of the head.

Under such circumstances, the fact that Zhai Yi had an impression of Zhai Xin's young lady meant that Zhai Yi had seen Zhai Xin's girlfriend quite often, so much so that he had a good impression of her face.

"Zhou Xing." After hanging up the phone, Zhai Yi wrote down the name 'Zhou Xing' in his notebook. This name was not anyone else's but that of Zhai Xin's girlfriend.

But after writing down Zhou Xing's name, Zhai Yi quickly tossed Zhou Xing and Zhai Xin's matter aside and thought no more about it. Zhou Xing's name was rather common. Besides, Da Bao was busy working on his homework recently. He was busy enough as it was. How he wished there could be forty-eight hours in a day so that he would not spend all of his precious time on a stranger.

Speaking of the devil, Zhai Xin, who was making Zhai Yu feel extremely despondent at this very moment, was with his girlfriend, Zhou Xing. "Zhai Xin, did you say that your mom gave birth to three children at once? Your mom is amazing! Twins are already so rare, let alone triplets! And she got both sons and a daughter at once! She's so lucky!" How enviable!

Zhai Xin laughed awkwardly. "My mom is indeed lucky. Alright, it's not early anymore. I'll send you back. Otherwise, you won't be able to go back and will have to spend a night in the hotel. That kind of place is a little unsanitary after all. Try to avoid going to such places if you can."

The more Zhai Xin said, the more flushed his face got. There was nothing else he meant by that, and neither was he planning on taking advantage of Zhou Xing. He said this only out of concern for Zhou Xing. He was afraid that Zhou Xing would be unable to enter her dormitory if she were to return late. He was not even trying to hint at anything else.

"..." Zhou Xing blushed and looked at Zhai Xin bashfully. "I'm actually a little afraid to stay in a hotel alone. I've been timid ever since I was a child. If I really can't go back and have to stay in a hotel, will you stay with me, Zhai Xin? In such an unfamiliar environment, I'm afraid I won't be able to fall asleep without a familiar person who'll reassure me. But Zhai Xin, if you're by my side, I'm sure I'll be able to sleep well."