Chapter 401-410

Chapter 401: Not Allowed to Smile in This Way at Other Women

Two weeks had passed and Qiao Nan was back from school this weekend. Qiao Dongliang took the initiative to ask Qiao Nan which course she chose. "Nan Nan, are you going to choose humanities or science?"

"Humanities."

"Is it because science is more difficult?"

"No." Qiao Nan denied. "My results are about the same for humanities and science subjects, but I'm more interested in humanities. Besides, Teacher Liu had a long chat with me. After learning of my decision, he is very supportive of me."

"Teacher Liu? Isn't that your form teacher? Was he the one I saw during the parent-teacher conference last year?"

"Yes." Teacher Liu was the form teacher. It was no wonder that her father had an impression of him.

Qiao Dongliang nodded with relief. "Since Teacher Liu is supportive of you, it should be alright." The teacher definitely knew more than him. What the teacher said must be correct.

"It's strange that your sister had good results in the first year, but ever since she advanced to second year and chose the humanities course, her results have been falling behind. I remember she would always come in eighth place in her class in her first year. Nan Nan, is the humanities course difficult? How could her results drop so drastically?" Though it was not easy to maintain one's standard, Qiao Zijin's results had dropped too much. "Nan Nan, do you think your sister has chosen the wrong course?"

Qiao Nan was changing her shoes and halted in her tracks at the question. She twitched her lips and said, "Dad, I don't think my sister has fallen very far behind. To be honest, my impression is that her performance in junior high school was worse than in high school. I was really surprised when I heard that she placed eighth in her class. Her improvement was tremendous."

In the two lifetimes, no matter how clever Qiao Zijin was, she was neither interested nor good in her studies.

It was hard to believe that Qiao Zijin's results would improve by leaps and bounds when she was in high school.

"Is that so?" Qiao Dongliang was confused. "So, your sister's results have actually improved?"

"No idea. Dad, I am hungry. What are we having for dinner tonight?"

"I want to cook stir-fried spicy chicken tonight. The chicken was freshly slaughtered today. I will fry them now." Since Qiao Nan mentioned that she was hungry, Qiao Dongliang put Qiao Zijin's matter aside for now. There was nothing he could do about Qiao Zijin. What he must do now was to take better care of Qiao Nan so that she would not end up like Qiao Zijin.

Ring!

Qiao Nan had just sat down when the phone next to her rang.

"Nan Nan, answer the phone." Qiao Dongliang's voice could be heard from the kitchen.

Despite the long distance, Qiao Dongliang was still able to hear the phone ringing. His sense of hearing was very acute.

Ever since Zhu Baoguo gave this phone to the Qiao family, Qiao Dongliang did not have much opportunity to use the phone. It was only on rare occasions when the phone rang that he could be sure that the phone was still working.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

"Brother Zhai? What's wrong? Why are you calling me at this time?" Brother Zhai called at an opportune time. "Wait a minute. Brother Zhai, will Auntie Miao turn up suddenly like last time and give me a big shock? Even though she did not suspect anything last time, she may discover something fishy if we keep this up."