Chapter 281-290

Chapter 281: Thanks to You

Teacher Liu took the key that was left by Teacher Feng. He then followed the home address left by Qiao Nan and went to her house.

Luckily, Qiao Dongliang listened to Qiao Nan. He worked part-time and was at home today. Otherwise, Teacher Liu would have made a futile trip.

"Teacher Liu, what brings you here?" Qiao Dongliang was surprised when he saw Teacher Liu. "Is this a home visit?" He remembered they just had the parent-teacher conference not too long ago. Was it not too soon for a home visit? "Did something happen to Nan Nan at school?"

"No, she's fine. Rest assured that it's not what you think. However, it's true that I am here regarding Qiao Nan. I am here today to discuss something with you. Is your wife around?" Teacher Liu asked cautiously, seeing that the mistress of the house did not seem to be around.

A woman who would do such terrible things to her own daughter... He could not imagine what she would do to an outsider like him.

"She... Qiao Nan's mom has gone to work, and she does not stay here as it is not convenient for her. She stays at where we used to live in." Qiao Dongliang found it awkward to explain their living arrangements.

"I see." Teacher Liu breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. "That's good."

"That's good?"

"Qiao Nan's Dad, this is what happened. When you came to our school for the parent-teacher conference, Qiao Nan's mom... Recently, there have been many rumors about Qiao Nan circulating in the school. High school students face a lot of pressure, and our school does not want them to bear pressure from public opinion. Qiao Nan may be smart and intelligent, but she is only a child. As her elder, we all care for the juniors. In the end, the principal came up with a solution. We understand that it cost you some money to rent this place. Our school will provide you free lodging. Here is the key. The people from our school have cleaned the small cottage. Both of you can move into the cottage right away. In this way, those rumors will die down by itself. After all, our school is not in the position to clarify the rumors or make further explanations."

"I feel embarrassed to accept the house." Qiao Dongliang's face was red. He wanted to reject the keys. He was able-bodied and could support his daughter and himself.

But Qiao Dongliang knew that he had to accept their kind gestures. He could not refuse just because of his self-esteem. Otherwise, Qiao Nan would remain the center of gossip and be ruined by those rumors.

They were the root of the problems. If not for Ding Jiayi sneaking to the school behind his back and spouting nonsense, there would not have been any trouble at all.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. The principal hopes that Qiao Nan can put her full attention on her studies and not be distracted by other meaningless stuff. Qiao Nan is very outstanding. We believe that she will do us proud in three years' time. Qiao Nan's dad, you don't have to feel burdened by our gestures. If you need any help, feel free to tell us. We have someone waiting outside to help you move your belongings."

"Alright!" Qiao Dongliang placed his hands on his knees as support and stood up.

Initially, he moved to this place for Nan Nan's sake. As long as it was for the interests of Nan Nan, he did not mind having to move house for the second time.

"Okay, let us know whatever that you need help with." It was rare that Qiao Nan's father would agree to their suggestion so readily. Teacher Liu also hoped to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Since Qiao Dongliang had the experience with moving house, it was a piece of cake to him this time around, and he packed his things in a jiffy. "These are all that I have. I have to trouble you to help me to move them to the new place."