Chapter 1401-1410

Chapter 1401 Fallacies
A flock of imaginary cawing crows flew over Qiao Nan’s head. She almost wanted to scold Deng Wenchang: Are you sick? What nonsense are you sprouting? Who is the one dreaming here?!Qiao Nan was not sure what was wrong with Deng Wenchang. She did not wish to waste her breath by speaking to him. Hence, she focused on her own tasks. In the next few days, when Qiao Nan’s eyes accidentally met with those of Deng Wenchang, the latter always gave such eccentric and odd vibes. It was increasingly serious with the passing of each day.

Sometimes, Qiao Nan could not help avoiding lifting her head and facing Deng Wenchang’s direction. However, Deng Wenchang was acting like a lunatic. Qiao Nan could even sense his stare even if she did not look up.

If not for the fact that Deng Wenchang had never been friendly to her and was different from other young guys who, out of ignorance, used bullying as a tactic to interact with girls that they fancied, Qiao Nan almost suspected that Deng Wenchang was interested in her.

Besides Qiao Nan, other people in the department were not blind either. Deng Wenchang’s attention on Qiao Nan had drawn their attention.

They could not fault Qiao Nan for having such a misunderstanding. If not for the fact that Deng Wenchang had such an aggrieved expression clouded with anxiety and sorrow whenever he looked at Qiao Nan, those with brains would also misunderstand the meaning behind Deng Wenchang’s incessant stares.

Fortunately, He Yi had already informed the department that despite Qiao Nan’s young age and fresh college graduate identity, she was already married. In addition, her partner was a soldier and it was thus a military marriage.

After knowing that Qiao Nan was married, many people in the department dismissed thoughts of match-making for Qiao Nan.

Since everyone was aware of this, they naturally thought that Deng Wenchang would know too. With his identity as an overseas graduate, Deng Wenchang already looked down on Qiao Nan for being a local graduate who had not once traveled overseas. How could he possibly fancy a married woman like Qiao Nan?

Deng Wenchang’s behavior was too bizarre. Someone could not help informing He Yi about this situation and requested He Yi to pay more attention to it. No one was certain what kind of ruckus and fallacies Deng Wenchang would stir up next time. Hence, prevention was better than cure.

After He Yi knew about it, he spoke to Qiao Nan. Qiao Nan told He Yi not to worry as she did not have any chance to be with Deng Wenchang alone. No matter what ideas Deng Wenchang was having, it was not so easy to execute them.

Under such awkward and odd atmosphere, Qiao Nan sat for an entire day. When she arrived home, she felt weary at heart and could not help considering if she should seek the help of her senior brother, He Yi, to change her seat. As long as she was not sitting directly opposite Deng Wenchang, her life would be much better.

“Auntie, hug, hug.” Just as she arrived home, Qiao Nan’s calves were greeted by a little cute thing. Qiao Nan looked down and saw Xiao Bao. “Xiao Bao, why are you at maternal grandma’s house? Your mom is back?” She had not heard anything about it. Shouldn’t Sister Zhai Hua be in the camp?

The little cute thing held onto her calves tightly. Qiao Nan had no choice but to carry Tian Yu up first before entering the house. “Mom, why is Xiao Bao in our house?”

Miao Jing looked at Tian Yu with relief. “I’m really not boasting about this kid. Fortunately, his character resembles that of Dongzi. He’s totally different from Hua Hua. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to handle four kids in the house all at once.” Her three paternal grandchildren were much naughtier than her maternal grandson.