Chapter 541-550

Chapter 541: Spot On

"Don't look down on me. I have a lot of underpants. If you want, I can buy you plenty of them. I insist on betting with you." As the saying went, 'Unlucky in love, lucky at cards'. She had lost to Qiao Nan in the exams. At the very least, she should be able to have a change of luck by winning in the bet?

Qiao Nan was not Brother Zhai. There was no need for her to be as outstanding as Brother Zhai and to be better than her in everything they did.

They must make a bet!

Qiao Nan rested her chin on the back of the chair. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"How many days will it be?"

Shi Qing stretched out her palm. "Five days."

"Okay, five days. But let me say in advance. I won't accept used underpants. The new underpants are worth considering though."

"Deal."

When it was time for class in the evening, Shi Qing arched her eyebrows at Qiao Nan, hinting to her that their bet had started.

Qiao Nan nodded. She had not forgotten about it.

Perhaps it was a tacit understanding between Qiu Chenxi and Qiao Nan. Both of them stood outside the hall to wait for their students.

They had no other choice but to acknowledge each other.

Qiu Chenxi dressed like a gentlewoman, unlike her indecent style of dressing from a few days ago. Qiao Nan widened her eyes in surprise. "Who reminded her?" She had thought that Qiu Chenxi would dress in the same way for all her lessons in order to defeat her.

"Don't underestimate her. She has her wits about her. She was only slightly confused at that moment." What Shi Qing said was praise spiked with blame. Qiu Chenxi was about to be expelled from the army. If she still refused to reflect on herself and realize her mistakes, she would never admit that she was her relative in the future. "She was confused yesterday. Hence, she dressed up in that manner."

She had already been in the army for two to three days. She had known all about the mistakes that Qiu Chenxi had committed.

Because of how she dressed up previously, Qiu Chenxi did not have a good review in the army and her reputation almost ended up in shatters.

Qiao Nan leaned toward Shi Qing. "Thank you for your reminder." If she let her guard down and underestimated Qiu Chenxi because of the recent incident, she might end up in serious trouble.

Shi Qing lifted her chin proudly and refused to admit it. "That was not a reminder. You think too much. We are relatives. I have always felt that I am very smart. Therefore, she can't be that foolish. Regardless, I have suffered under the hands of someone who is not as smart as me. I am reflecting on myself, trying to figure out why I was bullied by someone who has a lower IQ than me. Understand?"

"Understood." Qiao Nan snickered.

Qiu Chenxi, who stood by herself at the door, saw that Qiao Nan and Shi Qing were having a happy chat. They looked as if they were relatives. Qiu Chenxi turned jealous at the sight.

When everything was over, she would tell her maternal grandparents about Shi Qing's behavior today.

She bit the hand that fed her. She had forgotten who her family was!

Qiu Chenxi glared at Qiao Nan, while Qiao Nan gave her a polite smile. Qiu Chenxi felt that Qiao Nan was provoking her on purpose. She gritted her teeth and gave her a fierce look.