Chapter 631-640

Chapter 631: Zhai Sheng Chased to the Camp

Initially, Qiao Nan wanted to tell Zhai Sheng that Shi Qing noticed Chen Jun had been following her, but she did not feel like doing so anymore.

Chen Jun had nothing to do with the Zhai family.

Besides, Zhai Sheng had to return to the camp right away to handle matters. If she mentioned about Chen Jun, and Zhai Sheng was to stay in Ping Cheng for a few more days, Qiao Nan was worried that Zhai Hua might be unhappy with her.

"Alright." Although what happened with the Qiu family concerned Shi Qing as well, Zhai Sheng felt much assured knowing that Shi Qing would accompany Qiao Nan to school. Qiao Nan would have a bodyguard who would be by her side twenty-four hours a day. "Nan Nan, is there anything else that you want to tell me?"

Qiao Nan paused momentarily. She took a while before she replied, "No, Brother Zhai. The time is almost up. I have to go to school with Shi Qing."

"Be careful on the road. Let Shi Qing walk on the outside, while you walk on the inside."

"Do you take her as my human shield?" There was finally a hint of smiles in Qiao Nan's voice.

Zhai Sheng curled the corners of his lips into a faint smile. There was a glitter in his dark eyes. "No, it's just that she is more athletic than you. I believe she won't allow you to be hurt."

Qiao Nan loosened her tight shoulders. "Forget it. Shi Qing is, after all, a girl. If she hears this, she will be mad."

"She is not that vulnerable. I believe in her. You should also believe in her."

"Does she need the vote of confidence?"

"Why not?"

Qiao Nan did not know what to say. "Brother Zhai, you are used to winning the conversation. I really can't chat with you anymore. Otherwise, Shi Qing would be shooting daggers at me with her eyes."

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

After hanging up the phone, Qiao Nan took the schoolbag from Shi Qing. "Alright, stop staring at me. If you don't, your eyeballs would fall out. If we don't go now, we will be late."

"Qiao Nan, you are too useless. Sister Zhai Hua was being too much, yet you didn't complain to Brother Zhai and just put it aside. If you continue to be like this, you will be bullied. It's no wonder Zhu Baoguo often says that you are the best, especially your good temper. You will not retaliate even when bullied, while the onlookers are anxious for you and can't wait to get it back for you!!!"

In that past, Shi Qing did not think too much about it when Zhu Baoguo mentioned it to her.

However, now that she spent more time with Qiao Nan, she could not agree more with Zhu Baoguo's apt description of Qiao Nan.

"Unlike you, I am not good at fighting. I can't resort to force whenever I suffer grievances. If I do, I will lose the fight and my face will always be swollen from the fights." Qiao Nan was not displeased at being lectured by Shi Qing.

Perhaps Zhu Baoguo and Shi Qing were right. She had a mild temper and was used to being passive. She did not know to take the initiative to fight for herself and was used to being bullied.

At times, when she was very annoyed, she would think of going to the extreme to retaliate against her enemies.

For example, when her mother created all sorts of trouble for her, she felt like encouraging her father to leave her mother. Without her father's support, her mother would not dare to be too heartless to her. However, she was not able to deal with the regret that her father would have in the future.