Chapter 361-370

Chapter 361: Let Qiao Nan Be My Daughter

But why did his father speak gently to Xiao Qiao and display such a good attitude during all of his interactions with her? On the other hand, his father was always fierce to him.

Fortunately, he treated Xiao Qiao like his younger sister. Otherwise, if other people, such as Wang Yang, were his father's son, they would definitely hate his father in this situation.

Sigh. It was also his misfortune to be his father's son. If it were other people, none would be able to tolerate this.

"Hahaha." Qiao Dongliang was amused. He could feel that Zhu Baoguo was joking. A year ago, Zhu Baoguo did not even bother to greet Zhu Chengqi when they met, but now Zhu Baoguo would make such jokes with Zhu Chengqi. The relationship between the father and son had seemingly improved much.

At the thought that all these were thanks to Qiao Nan, Qiao Dongliang felt extremely proud of her.

"It's true that Uncle Qiao should keep your dad away from my house. Every time he visits, he brings Nan Nan presents. If this continues, Uncle Qiao is worried that my daughter will be kidnapped by your dad." Having that said, Qiao Dongliang gave a gentle sigh.

As time passed, Qiao Dongliang realized that the presents given by Zhu Chengqi to Qiao Nan were not only expensive but also hard to find. It was also commendable that they were things that Qiao Nan needed most.

Clearly, he was the father of Qiao Nan. However, he relied on other people's father to settle Qiao Nan's needs.

When he thought about it from time to time, the more he felt that he really did not fulfill his responsibilities as a father.

"Uncle Qiao, don't be afraid. If my dad kidnaps your daughter, you can kidnap my dad's only son," Zhu Baoguo said flippantly. "I like Uncle Qiao." His father was always aloof and kept to himself. It was tiring to play mind games such as 'You Guess, Guess, Guess' with him.

Xiao Qiao was the only one that her father could communicate with ease. Even when Wang Yang saw his father, he had to keep himself in check around his father.

"Fine. I'll formally acknowledge Qiao Nan as my goddaughter. You can then acknowledge Uncle Qiao as your godfather." Zhu Chengqi's eyes lit up and agreed readily.

"..."

"..."

"..."

The proud smile and serious tone of Zhu Chengqi stunned the rest of the three people present.

Zhu Baoguo was dumbfounded as he looked at Zhu Chengqi. "Dad, are you joking or serious about it? See, you're making everyone surprised."

If his father really acknowledged Xiao Qiao as his goddaughter, then Xiao Qiao would really become his younger sister?

Clearly, this was Zhu Baoguo's wish all along, but when this seemed to be happening, he did not understand why there was a sense of repulsion in his heart. Nevertheless, it was obvious that he did not dislike Qiao Nan.

He liked Xiao Qiao but was reluctant for her to be his younger sister. What exactly was wrong with him?

"Serious. Is it not okay? You always told me that Nan Nan is your sister. Now that I'm giving you a chance, you don't wish to be Nan Nan's elder brother anymore?" Zhu Chengqi's tone reflected his usual composure. It was so normal that everyone suspected that they had a delusion earlier.

Nevertheless, when they came into contact with his extraordinary bright and shiny eyes and glowing face, everyone could not help but feel that Zhu Chengqi was not joking. He was serious.