Chapter XX

rambles; sort of double update I guess? vote and comment if you want to! they're always very amusing and enjoyable to read. Thank you for the love and support!

song ~ ❄ Brighton Rock - Queen ❄

Chapter XX

"You know, you're a really shit feminist." Imogen stated bluntly, as she busied herself using Maeve's eyeliner as the two girls got ready for school. "Pardon?" Maeve scoffed from beside her where the two sat on her bed. Erin and Elsie had gone for a walk to 'say hi to the old neighbours' but really Imogen was sure Erin was trying to give Maeve some space to adjust.

"You've given me not one, but two hickies, one of which is the size of fucking England!" Imogen grunted annoyed, straining her neck with a frown as she looked in the mirror. "And what does that have to do with me being a feminist?" Maeve chuckled, shrugging on her favourite jacket, the grey one with the purple tassels.

"It's very un-feminist of you to mark me as 'your own' with a hickey." Imogen huffed, Maeve only smiling in response. "Who said that was the intention?" The older girl raised an eyebrow in Imogens direction. "That's like the universal intention of a hickey Maeve." Imogen rolled her eyes, Maeve quite amused by her reaction.

"Why are you being so grumpy? You didn't mind last night, when I was actually giving you the hickey." Maeve smirked, grabbing her makeup bag off the bed and rifling through it for a second. "Yeah well...I was distracted." Imogen huffed again, Maeve pulling out her concealer and some bronzer.

"Come here, I'll cover it up you big baby." Maeve sat back down on the bed, grabbing Imogens legs and resting them on her lap as the girl now faced her and Maeve leant in and began her work.

"There. All covered, now lighten up." She finished after a few minutes of comfortable silence elapsed between the two, leaning in to peck Imogen on the lips once she was done. "Says the princess of darkness herself." Imogen rebutted, now in a much lighter tone.

"Queen of darkness thank you, don't undermine my position, peasant."

"Fuck off, more like queen of the dickheads."

***

"So how was the family dinner?" Imogen asked Otis with a chuckle, already assuming it was a complete train wreck. "Disastrous." Otis huffed, slamming his locker with a grunt as Eric and Imogen shared a knowing look. "Anyway, how did your date go?" Imogen asked, wiggling her eyebrows in Eric's direction. "We...kissed." Eric replied calmly, rifling through his locker with a smile.

"You kissed!?" Both Imogen and Otis hollered happily, Eric breaking his seemingly calm facade with an excited squeal as the three of them jumped around in congratulations. "Eric." Imogen noticed Rahim coming towards them over his shoulder and punched the boy in the arm with a nod in his direction.

Otis cleared his throat and leaned against the lockers, in his own special way of 'acting normal' as Rahim approached them. "Can I walk you to lunch?" The boy offered, beaming at Eric as Otis and Imogen grinned at one another and Eric accepted the french boy's invitation. Waving them goodbye over his shoulder both Milburns shot him excited thumbs up.

"They kissed!" Imogen cheered, Otis joining her as the two high fived happily, interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind them. "Hi Maeve!" Otis squeaked nervously, his voice popping slightly as he did so as Imogen gave her cousin a funny look. "Hey ass-hat." Maeve replied with a sarcastic smile.