Chapter XXIII

rambles; comment as you read y'all!

song ~  × Single - The Neighbourhood ×

Chapter XXIII

Imogen looked over to her right as she felt her phone vibrate with a message, squinting she could make out that it was from Otis. With a tired stretch she reached over to grab it, careful not to wake up a peacefully sleeping Maeve.

iMessage from; the tall lanky milburn 🦕 at 5:04pm
hey. I haven't told my mum u weren't in school but she's asking where u are. Covered and said u went to Eric's

iMessage from; the tall lanky milburn 🦕 at 5:05pm
ur dads here too he really wants a chance to talk to u again before he leaves tonight

iMessage from; the superior milburn 🦖 at 5:06pm
thank u I'm headin back now

iMessage from; the superior milburn 🦖 at 5:06pm
Aaron can have 10 minutes of my time to waste lol

With a small sigh Imogen locked her phone again, tossing it back on the couch next to her and lowering the volume on the new girl episode she'd been watching.

"Hey, Maeve." Imogen murmured quietly, gently bouncing her knee up and down underneath the girl who stirred and lifted her head, eyes opening with a few tired blinks. "Mm?" She responded groggily, laying her head back down on Imogens stomach where she'd been happily asleep for the last couple hours.

"I gotta go, it's past five." Imogen chuckled as the older girl nodded, but made no move to get up. "Look who fell asleep during the movie this time." Imogen teased, Maeve smacking her leg half heartedly before pulling herself into an upright position, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Stop staring at my shoulders you creep." The older girl yawned as she stretched, Imogen indeed once again admiring the girls top half which was exposed by the loose tank top she had on. "You gonna call your dad?" Maeve asked, moving to sit cross legged on the couch as Imogen sat up properly.

"Don't have to, he's waiting for me to get back." The sighed and grabbed her phone, scanning Otis's reply before slipping it into her back pocket and standing to her feet. "Wait, did you say it's past five?" Maeve realised, Imogen nodding as Maeve groaned.

"I was supposed to get Elsie back up at three, fuck she's been asleep for like four and a half hours she's never gonna go down tonight!"

"Just take her for a walk or something, tire her out again." Imogen suggested with a shrug, heading towards Maeve's room to find her clothes from last night. "She's not a dog." Maeve rolled her eyes, following after her as the younger girl rummaged around the piles of clothes on her floor, careful not to wake up Elsie.

"Just leave them here you can get them next time, and put these on!" Imogen turned right as a pair of sweatpants hit her in the face.

Peeling them off Imogen looked over to Maeve, unimpressed, before slipping them on and over the sleep shorts she already had on. Grabbing at least her shoes off the floor, softly closing the bedroom door behind her.

"You look like a grandad." Imogen smirked as she wiggled on her shoes, seeing Maeve had slipped on her favourite grey jumper which she'd taken with her last night to dinner.