Chapter II

song ~ ✿ New Friends - Pinegrove ✿

Chapter II

"Your mum talked to Adam about ejaculation?!" Eric shrieked in disbelief as he and Otis reached Imogens locker. "She used the words; man milk." Otis sighed before smacking his head repeatedly against the lockers. "It'll be fine-" Imogen started to reassure her cousin, grabbing his backpack and pulling him away from the lockers, noticing Erics gaze fall over her shoulder and his eye widen.

"Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit-"

The other two didn't even have a moment to ask what was wrong as Adam appeared, Otis scrunched his eyes shut and flinched but it wasn't him who was slammed against the lockers. Adams hand pinching Erics jaw the older boys nostrils flared and Erics breathing laboured.

"Watch where you're going, fag."

Before anyone else had time to stay anything Imogen stepped in, her forehead barely reached Adams neck but she wasn't going to stand by and let him treat Eric like that. "Hey Adam you know homophobia is so 2008 right? Fuck off." Imogen warned, tilting her chin up seriously as Adam glanced sideways towards her, giving Eric one last mean stare before releasing him and walking off in the other direction.

"Are you okay? God he's a neanderthal." Imogen scoffed glaring after him, Eric wrapping his arms around her, mumbling his continual thanks as Imogen squeezed him back with a small smile. The three of them then headed off to their next classes, Otis to biology, Eric to drama and Imogen to maths.

Actually finding her way to this classroom in one piece, having asked her cousin for instructions at least three times this morning. Imogen was relieved to find the class only half full upon her arrival, everyone too preoccupied to pay her any attention.

Taking an empty seat toward the back of the classroom the girl rummaged around in her bag for her things, until a voice broke her train of thought. "Oh my god I LOVE your jacket."

Imogen looked up startled as she felt someone tug gently on the material, her eyes falling on an unknown girl beside her, with a big smile and curly blonde hair. "Thank you, its my dads." Imogen replied, reciprocating the smile as the girl nodded in admiration. "Vintage, cute. I'm Aimee by the way, Aimee Gibbs. You must be new!" She introduced herself, holding her hand out for Imogen to shake.

"Imogen Milburn. Yeah I just sort of moved here I guess you could say, this is my first week." Imogen replied slowly, unsure of if this was going to be a temporary or permanent thing, she still hadn't managed to get a hold of either of her parents since her mum left. "You might know my cousin, Otis?"

"Er, no I don't think so, sorry!" Aimee apologised, Imogen waving her off, she doubted many people knew Otis, he was a wallflower if she'd ever met one. "I like your shoes, I wish I had the balance to wear heels, I'd break my ankle." Imogen stated as Aimees face lit up at the compliment, the two girls conversing for a bit until class started.

***

"God I hate fractions." Imogen heard Aimee sigh halfway through the class, the two paired together to finish a worksheet. "Do you like pizza?" Imogen asked randomly, Aimee giving her a strange look before shrugging. "I used to. But me and my friends are vegan now, and even before then they didn't let me eat carbs." The girl answered sadly as Imogen bit her lip to hide her smile, she quite liked this Aimee girl.

"Okay well a large pizza has eight pieces right?" Imogen drew a very rough pizza, Aimee nodding along, confused as to where the girl was going with this. "Well if we each eat two pieces-" Imogen rubbed out half the pizza with an eraser. "-then thats four pieces gone. If a WHOLE pizza is eight pieces, and half of eight is four, then we've eaten HALF the pizza." Imogen explained, writing down fractions as she went.