Chapter XI

song ~ ★Crush Culture - Conan Gray★

Chapter XI

A faint laugh sounded in the distance as Maeve slowly awoke, eyes heavy with sleep she blinked a few times and took a deep breathe before sitting up and rubbing her face. Another laugh sounded as the girls brow now creased into a frown and she sniffed the air, pancakes?

Swinging herself out of the bed with a small grunt she shivered, sifting through a pile of laundry on her floor till she pulled out a jumper, tossing it over her body and opening her bedroom door. However the sight before her when she did was nothing to laugh about.

"No I mean it we had to like roll her around, used to call her the fucking Michelin Man!"

"Hey Frogface! Did ya miss me?" Her brother, Sean, grinned as he flipped the pancake and opened his arms clearly expecting a hug. "I was just telling your little friend how fat you were as a baby." Sean chuckled as Maeve strode towards him, not with the intention of hugging him though.

As her fist collided with his stomach the boy doubled over with a groan and Imogen who was sat atop the table opened her mouth in shock. "Right fair, I deserved that." Sean grumbled, clutching his stomach in pain before standing up and taking a deep breathe. "I made pancakes? With the smiley face, just how you like them." Sean tried with a smile, gesturing to the plate before him.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" Maeve spat, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring the older boy down. "Houston. Texas." Sean answered, Maeve only continuing to stare through him, unimpressed. "Training to be an astronaut."

"So what you just piss off for a few months and now you're back ready to play happy siblings with fucking pancakes?" Maeve shoved him back into the counter, flaring her nostrils. "This seems like a family thing, I'm gonna get going." Imogen announced with an awkward smile, Maeve not even having noticed she'd gathered her stuff.

"Nice meeting you Immy, I'm sure I'll see you around." Sean waved to the girl with a cheesy smile. "Don't call her that." Maeve warned as Imogen gave a small wave back and headed for the front door, Sean mumbling something to himself before filling his mouth with whipped cream as the two disappeared outside.

"Tell me when you get home yeah?" Maeve asked from the front steps, wrapping her arms around herself as the had wind picked up today leaving the air with a sharp chill to it. "I will." Imogen promised, her mind was racing with the memories of last night but she knew now wasn't the right time to be asking questions.

"I'll call you later." Then just like that Maeve disappeared back inside and Imogen turned on her heel, making her own way home, mind still ablaze with wonder.

But then, something clicked. Something she'd known for awhile but refused to acknowledge or accept. However now, there was no denying it, no ignoring it and no way to know what the hell to do about it. Imogen was falling, swift, hard and fast for one Maeve Wiley. She had a crush, a big one, and there was only one other person she knew she could talk to about it.

She waited as the dial tone rang once, then twice, three times and finally an answer.

"Eric? I need your help."

***

"Got yourself a little girlfriend, she's nice." Sean grinned, placing a plate of pancakes down infront of Maeve who sat at the table, still glaring daggers at the older boy who sat across from her. "She's not my girlfriend dickhead." Maeve snipped, grabbing her knife and fork as she began to cut up her pancakes, Sean not bothering as she shoved a whole one in his mouth.