Chapter XXXIV

rambles; just a bunch of wholesome fluff while I patiently wait for season 3 to drop, since you all were very anti angst (for now, angst is coming xx)

song; two queens in a king sized bed - girl in red
(finally some girl in red for our fave lil moordale girlfriends)

Chapter XXXIV

Maeve's eyes fluttered open as her stomach gurgled, the girl letting out a quiet groan of discomfort as her head began to pound from the soft sunlight streaming in through the window above.

Closing them again she rolled over slightly with a huff. Burying her face in her pillow she felt Imogens chest rising and falling softly underneath her arm, which was draped loosely over the girls stomach.

Though right as it seemed she'd finally be able to fall asleep again, her stomach lurched and a wave of nausea washed over her. Abruptly sitting up Maeve was quick to kick off the covers, rushing to the bathroom.

Imogen blinked tiredly as she heard the thud of Maeve's feet hitting the bedroom floor. Yawning sleepily she rolled over to her girlfriends side of the bed, and a quick tap of Maeve's phone which sat charging on the bedside table showed the time to be almost half past ten.

But hearing the obvious sound of retching she abruptly sat up, swinging her legs out of bed and following where Maeve had gone.

Grabbing the hair tie she always kept on her left wrist Imogen messily bunched Maeve's brunette locks into a ponytail so they were out of her face as she buried her head in the toilet, last nights decisions now clearly catching up with her.

Sure that she wouldn't want someone all up in her personal space while she was throwing up the girl took a seat on the edge of the bath, rubbing the sleep out of the corner her eyes with her knuckles.

"Good morning." Imogen smiled as Maeve pulled her head out of the toilet, flushing and forcing herself to her feet, grabbing her toothbrush. "Shut up." Maeve grumbled moodily as she slumped down into the corner of the bathroom, back pressed against the wall as she scrubbed her teeth.

"All I said was good morning, moody." Imogen chuckled as Maeve rolled her eyes, leaning over to spit a mouthful of toothpaste into the toilet. "I know what you want to say." Maeve mumbled before sticking her toothbrush back into her mouth, resuming brushing.

"Me? No there's nothing at all." Imogen feigned surprise holding a hand to her chest.

"Funny." Maeve spoke through a mouthful of toothpaste before spitting into the toilet again before standing and flushing, moving back to the sink to rinse out her mouth and deposit the toothbrush back where it belonged.

"I need a shower." Maeve sighed, rubbing her eyes with the sleeves of her jumper as both girls made their way to Maeves room, the older girl grabbing some clean clothes before turning back toward the bathroom.

"Coming?" Maeve called looking over at her girlfriend expectantly, Imogen frowning in confusion before it clicked.

"Oh I am not  'showering' with you after you just threw your guts up, that's sket." Imogen laughed in disbelief adding quotations around the shower, now quite sure she knew what Maeve wanted.

"I'm going back to bed babysitting last night was just so tiring." Imogen teased lightly as Maeve scowled, flipping her off before disappearing to the bathroom.

"Enjoy your shower." Imogen called after her with a smile as she sat down on the edge of Maeve's bed. Though she was tired she was still unsure what time the social worker was bringing Elsie over so as good as more sleep sounded, it was off the cards.