Desperate For Your Touch

NEW CHAPTER:D

Brian's POV

"Aren't you gonna come sleep?" Michelle asked me. I must have woken her up from her beauty sleep with my loud, deprived sighs.

I took my gaze away from the window, which I had been looking out of since two and aimed it towards her, "No, I'm not sleepy. I might walk down to the beach."

"Whatever." She scoffed, turning her face away from me.

I didn't feel like arguing with her that evening. Plus, 5:30AM is way too early to be fighting. I picked up my jacket from the chair beside our bed and made my way down to the beach. It wasn't pretty far. I could handle it.

Thoughts filled my mind about Jimmy, Jackie, and the band as soon as I left my house.

I missed Jimmy. He was my best friend. I didn't even have a chance to tell him goodbye. It'd been the worst couple of weeks with out him. We found consolation in his cause of death--a heart attack. It ruled out suicide which was a major plus considering how often he glorified death.  We've all come to grips that he's gone and he's no longer coming back, but I missed him so much. More than anyone I think.

He was the guy that held us all together. It's unfortunate to say that we'd actually considering disbanding. We just didn't think about music as much as we did before. It sucked because this band was my life since 2001. It's all I ever thought about. When I wasn't playing guitar, I was most definitely thinking about playing it. When I wasn't in the studio, I was calling up Matt and telling him to call everyone else to go to the studio. But that was when Jimmy was alive.

Now, I don't even want to go into the studio. I don't want to pick up a guitar. I don't want to sing.

As for Jackie well, let's just say she hates me. I couldn't blame her. I did yell at her for no reason. I guess I was so sad and confused about everything that I wasn't sure what I was doing. It's rare that I see her-- After that evening that she helped Val book Jimmy's favorite dinner, she'd been avoiding me. When I did see her, she'd pass me by as if I was a stranger to her. I can't believe I'm actually that stupid. I love her and I can't do anything about it. Even if I could, I can't because of Michelle.

I reached the beach and let out a sigh of relief. I did let my eyes look over to Jimmy's house but I quickly focused back to the beach.

"Hello Sir." A police man said passing me by, "You alright?"

"Just catching a breath. Rough night."

He nodded, "I understand. Be safe."

"Will do." I said smiling then looking out into the ocean.

I knew no one was up around this time, so the beach was pretty much mine. I decided to take a little stroll up the jogging path.

The cold air hit my face as I walked with my head down and my hands in my pockets. It's just what I needed. The sun was coming up, reflecting beautifully on the ocean. I stopped to look at it really quick but I felt something hit my chest then heard a thump.

"Ow." The voice said. I looked down and saw none other than Jackie on the jog path.

"Crap, sorry." I reached out to give her my hand but she pushed it away.

"Don't touch me Brian." She picked herself up then dusted herself off, "Did you follow me down here?!"

I cocked my head back and began to defend my ass, "What? No. I walked down here from my house. Did you stalk me here?"

"Why would I even want to follow you? So I can get yelled at again?" I was in disbelief that she'd think that... and that silence spoke for it self, "Thought so and for your information I'm jogging now if you'll excuse me."