The Search For Happiness Continues

Jackie's POV 

A loud squeal came from the front of bridal suite, waking me up. I shot up in the bed and threw the covers off me as I looked frantically for my slippers. I threw open the double doors, only to find my bridesmaids, my mom, my aunts and the make up artist, standing around setting up.

The girls had wet hair and they were wearing their blue bridesmaid robes. I was a little frightened and relieved.

Amanda ran to me with her arms wide open, "It's the big day!" She handed me a warm cup of coffee. It smelled really strong, "Drink up and shower because we have to be ready in two hours."

"What time is it?" I asked taking a sip. I'm not sure how much I had slept. After I came back from Brian's, I just got under the covers. I didn't bother checking the time. The coffee was strong enough to wake me up though. "Wow, that's really good."

"It's eight. We let you sleep in. Your mom's hair is done. I've done mine as you can see." She spun in a circle showing me her up do. "Gena did a great job. You can't even see the extensions. Go shower! We have to do your make-up before anything! Hurry!"

She pushed me into the restroom with out a word. I still had the cup of coffee in my hand. I just needed a minute to breathe. I put the cup of coffee down on the counter and leaned against it. I looked into the mirror, unable to recognize my own face. I don't even look happy about this. 

I'm a happy person on days when I feel... happy. But today isn't one of them.

I picked up the coffee, taking a final sip before I threw it all into the sink. I turned on the water, letting it run until it got warm. I removed my clothes and hopped in.

I used the loofah to wash my body. It was really relaxing me. The smell of vanilla always relaxes me. I rinsed the soap off my body, letting the suds hit the floor of the bathtub. I shampooed my hair for a good minute. My fingers massaged my scalp ever so gently. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling. That was until a rough knock at the door disturbed me.

"What?!" I screamed out, rinsing my hair thoroughly.

"Are you almost done?" My mom asked. 

Of course, it has to be her. Such a killjoy. 

I squeezed the water out of my hair and grabbed the towel from the hook, "Yeah. I'll be out in a second." I wrapped my body and hair into two towels then removed myself from the shower. The mirror was foggy. I could only see a blurred out figure of my body. I wiped the upper section of the mirror, giving me a clear look at my face. "You're an idiot." I said to myself.

"Are you done now?!" My mom asked again. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "About time. We have to get you in make up and hair."

"Can I at least eat first?" I pointed to my bag where I had some Goldfish hidden. She nodded as I walked to get my bag.

"Do you have your strapless bra?" She walked over to my suitcases and started opening them. I really hate how she welcomes herself into everything and anything she can get her hands on.

"The bra, underwear, corset, garter and stockings are in the drawer next to you." I said popping some fishes into my mouth. I carried the small bag in my hands as I walked out to join the rest of the girls.

"Where's your robe? I want you to wear it while we get you ready." I turned around and pointed to the chair beside the bed. I started to walk back out when she grabbed a hold of my arm, "You'll need to wear it."

I didn't feel like arguing with her, specially today. I dropped the towel and slipped into the robe. She threw me the underwear, "I'll be outside. Please hurry."